Car rental in Saint JohnS, NEWFOUNDLAND

I had read on another thread that there is a car rental office close to the pier. Does anyone know which company this would be? We decided that we wanted to see things at our own pace, and would like to rent a car for the day. And fortunately, we should be able to read most of the signs. ;)

NOTE: We are looking for Saint John's, Newfoundland, not St. John, New Brunswick. I'm not saying that one is better than the other, I am just wanting info about where our ship will stop.

I don't have an answer for you except to check with google maps and your list of rental companies. You could also post this question on Tripadvisor or do a search.

And if you go to the Newfoundland page on Trip Advisor forums you will see on the top right some information about car rentals: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154962-i754-Newfoundland_and_Labrador.html

Spelling (I notice even google maps has a problem):

Saint John, New Brunswick

St. John's, Newfoundland

I had read on another thread that there is a car rental office close to the pier. Does anyone know which company this would be? We decided that we wanted to see things at our own pace, and would like to rent a car for the day. And fortunately, we should be able to read most of the signs. ;)

NOTE: We are looking for Saint John's, Newfoundland, not St. John, New Brunswick. I'm not saying that one is better than the other, I am just wanting info about where our ship will stop.

There are two avis car rental offices on Water Street. I'm not sure where exactly your ship will berth, but these shouldn't be too far away, they are right downtown near the port. I am originally from Newfoundland - everyone is pretty friendly and you will be able to get help easily from any local when you arrive.

As an aside, the correct spelling is St. John's, Newfoundland and Saint John, New Brunswick. That should help you with your various internet searches.

Good luck, and have a great visit to the Rock!

Archived