Main Dining Room and My Time Dining / Children

Have a few questions. We are booked with tradition dinning at 6pm

1. There will be eight of us. Does this mean we will fill up one table? What is the max capacity for a large table?

2. If we miss our 6pm MDR dining can we opt for My Dining Time at a later time?

3. How does MDR meals take? Most all of our show start at 9pm

4. We booked for Chef's Table and 150 central park. Unfortunately my nephew is to young. Will be able to drop him off to children care program?

Hi

We've used my time dining regularly because we prefer the flexibility. In my experience My time gets booked up early and you will need to book it before sailing which involves paying tips up front.

On our indie cruise we didn't book and when I asked on the ship there were hundreds of people wanting to do the same thing so no chance.

Have you all booked on one reservation? If you have then you will all sit together if you have separate booking reservation numbers then you will have to link them together.

Show start times are planed coincide with the ending of each sitting or start.

1. There will be eight of us. Does this mean we will fill up one table? What is the max capacity for a large table?

If you want it to be just your party, you should request a table for 8. I think the largest tables are 10-12. Keep in mind it´s a request no guarantee.

No it´s either Traditional or MTD. You have to make the decision, there´s no switching back and forth.

Shows are scheduled around Dining times. By 9pm the Late seating will have started, so you have to be out of the MDR for quite a while at that time. Dinner can be anywhere from 1 to 2 hours or I´ve seen it longer when we had fun, but of course first seating is limited as they have to get ready for second seating.

4. We booked for Chef's Table and 150 central park. Unfortunately my nephew is to young. Will be able to drop him off to children care program?

Don´t know.

As for linking reservations, you have to exchange your booking numbers and have whoever booked you (TA or RCI) link those reservations, but this is only possible if you are all on the same dining time and table size request.

1. Probably. You will link your reservations by having you travel agent(s) have all of the different booking numbers and calling RC with them.

2. No. You have chosen traditional dining and that is what you will have every night. There are other places to eat besides the main dining room. Park Cafe, Windjammer buffet, etc.

3. Depends on the age of the child(ren). There are some evening activities that include feeding the children. There is also in-cabin babysitting. With a large group of adults, people often agree to take turns having adult time and watching the kids.

Six o'clock dinner will give you plenty of to make 9 p.m. show reservations.

1. Probably. You will link your reservations by having you travel agent(s) have all of the different booking numbers and calling RC with them.

2. No. You have chosen traditional dining and that is what you will have every night. There are other places to eat besides the main dining room. Park Cafe, Windjammer buffet, etc.

3. Depends on the age of the child(ren). There are some evening activities that include feeding the children. There is also in-cabin babysitting. With a large group of adults, people often agree to take turns having adult time and watching the kids.

If your nephew is signed up for the Adventure Ocean program; ages toddler thru 18; you should be able to drop him off at Adventure Ocean and have your dinner at Chef's Table and Central Park 150

• 8 months later...

1. There will be eight of us. Does this mean we will fill up one table? What is the max capacity for a large table? just link your reservations - we have sat with up to 16 - if there are kids close in age they can sit separate but near by - one year we put the 8 kids and 8 adults at two tables right next to each other - youngest was 8 oldest 14

2. If we miss our 6pm MDR dining can we opt for My Dining Time at a later time? no can't switch - if you dont make MDR - windjammer

3. How does MDR meals take? Most all of our show start at 9pm - be sure the wait staff knows - dinner can take as long as you want it to - shows are designed to work around dinning times.

of course - they will take him - depending how late you are there can be a small fee.

Archived