Email when at sea

din2play2

Anyone have any info on how to keep in touch with family at home cheap/cheaper when at sea? I believe I heard something about setting up an email account with carnival but not sure how to do that and does the party I want to keep in contact with at home have to set up an account also? Thank you in advance for any help

You and your family to on Carnival.com, register each one, then you can post on Currently On Board Forum for no cost at all.

You can either bring a laptop and use it in the privacy of your room, or go to the ships Internet Cafe, and use their computers.

Melanie

You and your family to on Carnival.com, register each one, then you can post on Currently On Board Forum for no cost at all.

You can either bring a laptop and use it in the privacy of your room, or go to the ships Internet Cafe, and use their computers.

Melanie

I was wondering how that worked, saw it on other posts:confused:

If you use your laptop and access the internet to get to the Currently on board forum, won't that charge you for the internet access you may incur while posting?? Confused! I have been on cruises and just didn't access internet except the first one where I bought a 30 min package to send email home. Just wondering, may have my laptop due to car trip to New Orleans and not willing to leave it behind in car or hotel. :)

in 2 different ports I found internet cafes for $1 an HOUR.( Progresso and Costa Maya) thats right, ONE DOLLAR! was able to send a quick note home and chat with DD on facebook live. Just be sure to log out when youre done!

It is free to access carnival.com while on board, you can use your laptop in your room, or the ships computers. Either way is free and works well. I did it with my mom on my last cruise. We practiced posting in the currently on board forum before I ever left for the cruise.

It worked well for us, keeping tabs on the kids at home with grandparents while we were cruising. However, we noticed that the date/time stamp was off. For example, we read one post from our son that showed a time of 2am [at our home] and we were a little upset that he was up at that hour. When we asked, he said it was actually posted at 10pm. We then noticed that our posts were also off in their timing. Not a big deal, just something to look for.

And it is definitely a good idea to limit any personal information you post. I had a comment posted on mine from a complete stranger asking a question about the specific ship and cruise we were on.

It is free to access carnival.com while on board, you can use your laptop in your room, or the ships computers. Either way is free and works well. I did it with my mom on my last cruise. We practiced posting in the currently on board forum before I ever left for the cruise.

Thanks, that makes sense.......I knew it was public but wasn't sure if access was free.....Thank you!

Archived