Suggestions for little kids- second time in SJU

ehough

Last year we cruised out of SJU, so we've already done some things there-namely, visiting El Morro, taking the trolley, and walking around OSJ. It was fun, and interesting, but also so very hot, and difficult with a stroller.

We will be back in SJU from noon-8pm in December and I'm looking for some suggestions of what to do with a 2 year old and an almost 4 year old. I'm really open to anything-a beach or an activity or maybe no activity at all other than just wandering. Last time DD was super thrilled by the inflatable frog on the roof of Senor Frog's (we stayed next door at the Sheraton) so other than maybe stopping to see him ;), we're totally open.

Any suggestions or experiences with little kids? If we went with a beach, what would be the best to go to?

• 4 weeks later...

I would appreciate the same info. We are traveling with a 4 and 6 year old. Plan to get a car and driver but would like to offer the tour company some ideas. Prefer to use the beach as a last resort. Thinking about the El Yunque rain forest tour. Also heard that the San Cristobal fort has a dance show. The kids might like that. Any other ideas?

Last year we cruised out of SJU, so we've already done some things there-namely, visiting El Morro, taking the trolley, and walking around OSJ. It was fun, and interesting, but also so very hot, and difficult with a stroller.

We will be back in SJU from noon-8pm in December and I'm looking for some suggestions of what to do with a 2 year old and an almost 4 year old. I'm really open to anything-a beach or an activity or maybe no activity at all other than just wandering. Last time DD was super thrilled by the inflatable frog on the roof of Senor Frog's (we stayed next door at the Sheraton) so other than maybe stopping to see him ;), we're totally open.

Any suggestions or experiences with little kids? If we went with a beach, what would be the best to go to?

How about a resort day-pass? The Caribe Hilton is a short taxi ride away. It has a great pool area and the beach is a little lagoon protected by a break-front from the waves. We took DD here on a cruise when she was one (she is now 4). It worked great for us! I think we paid about $50 per person, but don't quote me on that. They may not charge you for the little one. The fee includes use of the beach/pools and lounge chairs. Check the reviews and photos on TripAdvisor. Marriott Stellaris also does day-passes. You need to call ahead when you dock to either hotel to see if they have availability for that particular day.

You may also want to consider a trip to El Yunque. That may be fun too.

Another beach that is safe for kids is in Condado right as you cross over the bridge from OSJ in front of the Conrad Condado Hotel. It is in a cove so you are protected from the strong waves that are on the beaches. The only problem is that they don't have facilities right there. The nicer ocean-front beaches are a 20 minute taxi ride is the Isla Verde area. The waves might be much for small children, but the beach is nice. Both beaches have restaurants and shops within walking distance.

Go fly a kite...on the grassy area outside of El Morro (:p). I've seen people doing this. You know your kids and if they would or wouldn't enjoy this. Just throwing out an idea.

This is exactly what I was going to suggest!

Apparently dalmatian lovers think alike.

• 3 weeks later...
I read somewhere that there are people outside the fort selling kites on the weekends. Does anyone know if there are kite vendors on a weekday? I think my DD would love that.

I don't remember seeing kite vendors on the streets, but there are plenty of stores around that would probably have kites. There are CVS's and Walgreens and lots of gift/souvenier stores close-by. If you had trouble finding a store, just ask someone in town.

Have fun!

2203323270104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived