Fountain Soda Packages

Hi folks

Counting down the says til our Honeymoon cruise on FOS on 4 Sept.

Question my fiancee asked me that I don't have answer to. She is wondering what DIET drinks are available on Fountain Soda Package. Contemplating taking up the package

last year on the voyager transatlantic there was some sprite zero too.

we drink loads of soft drinks (mainly diet coke) and the soda card worth totally worth the money, we easily drank more than 3 day, 2 just in mdr at night.

we got soda package as we drink a lot of soda (i'm pretty sure if they withdraw my blood, it'd be half blood and half sugar)

whenever we ordered coke, we always got asked regular or diet? (maybe they were suggesting my fatass could lose some weight?)

one thing about it is though, you could order soda just about anywhere, but servers (those who sell alcohols) get irritated, as no alcohol = no auto tip.

• 3 weeks later...

When you pre puchase the soda package, where do you get the card once on board and do you need a receipt for the purchase? not sure how this works and i ordered it for my dh since he is a BIG soda drinker.

Thanks trisha

Yes.. can is around $2.24 (and includes the 15% tip!) If you order the soda package before boarding, your seapass will have either a sticker or an embossed symbol that lets them know you have the package. There should also be an insulated cup in the cabin, if you want to carry it around with you....you don't have to use the cup to utilize the package, tho!

. . . servers (those who sell alcohols) get irritated, as no alcohol = no auto tip.

I always get the soda package and have NEVER had a server express irritation. I have however had a server stiff me [take my order and never come back], actually happened twice on everyone's favorite ship, Jewel of the Seas -- but of course the service on that cruise was the poorest of any RCI cruise we have been on.

I also have a somewhat unique way of looking at the value of the package. It doesn't matter how much you actually drink, the real questions is how many cans you would buy if you did not get the package. If the answer is 3 or fewer a day, go with cans. If it is more than 3 get the package. If you get one with lunch, one with dinner and one while you compatriots are drinking their foo foo drinks, you are pretty much there.

Archived