Premier Inn West Quay Southampton

phabric

Love John Bull's replies - you should start a web site entitled all the things about Southampton and the surrounding area you could ever need.

One thing to add on the Premier Inn debate re breakfast.

Ikea do a cooked breakfast for £1.75 for 6 items which is apparently really good! my in laws who are frequent Cunarders eat here weekly.

You can't miss Ikea (even if you want to!) in Southampton its the big yellow building opposite the cruise terminals and HI at the back of the West Quay Shopping area!

Gillian.

You can't miss Ikea (even if you want to!)!

Gillian.

That IKEA building & signage directly opposite City Cruise Terminal :mad::mad::mad:

The city council fought hard to prevent it, but was over-ruled by central govt. It dominates the view from ships berthed there, and cruisers could be forgiven for thinking they were docking in Ikealand.

The only ray of hope is that if the place is as well-built as the furniture they sell, it'll fall apart in the next year or two :D

I'll take your word for it about their breakfasts, Sotong.

I only once took a look in the store & found that the entrance was on the top floor & customers are obliged to walk all the way round every floor in order to get out at the bottom!!!

Halfway down I got well p****d -off & used the fire-exit - which set alarms off, but what the hell :D.

Haven't set foot in there since.

Apparently HI does a decent breakfast (does anyone know if its available to non-residents?), or Asda (by the coach station) does good-value breakfasts.

JB :)

Thanks John you made me laugh re Ikea, DH and I went in once and couldn't believe they direct you around the store, after an hour going round and round before you can exit via the restaurant we vowed never to go in again!

However if you are visiting Soton on a cruise its a place to waste an hour on a rainy day!

Gillian.

Archived