La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Missus Makkem

Any good restaurants close to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort.

Thanks for any info?

Not sure about restaurants. I did find some suggestions on Trip Adivsor. Just wondering if you ever stayed at La Concha. We are spending one night pre-cruise in November.

We eat at Ropa Vieja last year, it was very good. Across the street from LaConcha there is a Dunkin Donuts for a quick reasonable breakfast also a Subway. Across from Ropa Vieja there is a Chili"s. Both direction from the hotel there plenty of places to eat. Was told that the restaurant by the pool had good hamburgers but we did not eat there.

There are tons of places every way as soon as you walk out of the hotel in all different price ranges. For fancy Asian fusion, Budatai is almost across the street. There is a new restaurant next to the Chili's called Casa Lola which is very good. I could go on but your best bet is to ask the concierge at the hotel. They are excellent and can give you a couple choices based on whatever you want to eat that day. Don't worry, there will not be a lack of variety. Enjoy

There are tons of places every way as soon as you walk out of the hotel in all different price ranges. For fancy Asian fusion, Budatai is almost across the street. There is a new restaurant next to the Chili's called Casa Lola which is very good. I could go on but your best bet is to ask the concierge at the hotel. They are excellent and can give you a couple choices based on whatever you want to eat that day. Don't worry, there will not be a lack of variety. Enjoy

thanks for that advice, certainly will enjoy

Has anyone actually stayed at this hotel? We are staying here on Labor Day weekend before our cruise but I just pickly randomly, looks nice..

Yes, we love this hotel. It's our favorite in San Juan. Make sure you get an ocean view and if you want a balcony, you will need to be in the Ocean Tower. Some of the other rooms have a ledge outside the glass door, but it's not really a balcony (you can leave the door open to hear that ocean breeze at night). The bathrooms are huge and the rooms are large as well.

Yes, we love this hotel. It's our favorite in San Juan. Make sure you get an ocean view and if you want a balcony, you will need to be in the Ocean Tower. Some of the other rooms have a ledge outside the glass door, but it's not really a balcony (you can leave the door open to hear that ocean breeze at night). The bathrooms are huge and the rooms are large as well.

Kathy - This is our honeymoon so I splurged and got the Oceanfront, Ocean Tower but I dont know if this means we have a balcony. Hope so. I have read mixed reviews on this hotel so i'm hoping for the best. Glad you have some good feedback.

Make sure you ask for a high floor. We stayed there a couple of weeks ago and had a junior suite on the 10th floor. The hallways are outside so you hear the music and noise, including the rain. It didn't keep me up at night, but if I was on a low floor it probably would have been much louder. The junior suite is slightly bigger than the regular ocean view. It was nice because we had a lot of luggage before our cruise. It was also a celebration for my 50th birthday and first time in a long while since we went away without the kids. Have fun.

Kathy - This is our honeymoon so I splurged and got the Oceanfront, Ocean Tower but I dont know if this means we have a balcony. Hope so. I have read mixed reviews on this hotel so i'm hoping for the best. Glad you have some good feedback.

Congratulations on your marriage and honeymoon! Make sure you let them know at the front desk that it's your honeymoon.

If you have a junior suite, I don't think it has a balcony, but the "ledge". If you look through the pictures you can see what I'm talking about. I'm not 100% sure on this. However, the one bedroom oceanfront, Ocean tower, does state that there is a balcony. The room is 567/51 or 580/52 sq ft (2nd number balcony). The junior suite shows 445/40, but the description doesn't say balcony. The last time we stayed here I got the room through priceline since that was the hotel that was winning all the bids. I got a room in the regular part of the hotel and while it was huge and the bathroom was awesome with a huge open shower, there wasn't a balcony. No biggie since we didn't spend a lot of time in the room and it was great to have the glass door to open up to let the ocean breeze in at night. This year La Concha isn't coming up on the bids for priceline so I just booked directly.

Since it's your honeymoon did you check out the spa suite in the ocean tower? There's a hot tub out on the balcony!!!

spa2.jpg

spa.jpg

Congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon! :)

Congratulations on your marriage and honeymoon! Make sure you let them know at the front desk that it's your honeymoon.

If you have a junior suite, I don't think it has a balcony, but the "ledge". If you look through the pictures you can see what I'm talking about. I'm not 100% sure on this. However, the one bedroom oceanfront, Ocean tower, does state that there is a balcony. The room is 567/51 or 580/52 sq ft (2nd number balcony). The junior suite shows 445/40, but the description doesn't say balcony. The last time we stayed here I got the room through priceline since that was the hotel that was winning all the bids. I got a room in the regular part of the hotel and while it was huge and the bathroom was awesome with a huge open shower, there wasn't a balcony. No biggie since we didn't spend a lot of time in the room and it was great to have the glass door to open up to let the ocean breeze in at night. This year La Concha isn't coming up on the bids for priceline so I just booked directly.

Since it's your honeymoon did you check out the spa suite in the ocean tower? There's a hot tub out on the balcony!!!

spa2.jpg

spa.jpg

OMG now you have me looking at this suite again, lol! We were going to book this, but then we started thinking of how much $$ we could save by just booking on Priceline. But then again maybe we should splurge since we're celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary on this cruise. Now I don't know what to do! :D

I have the Marriott Stellaris booked for 4 days next March which I got on Priceline ($115). No cruise this trip........just 8 days in San Juan. I also have a regular reservation at La Concha for the additional 4 days ($237+taxes/fees).

I very rarely see La Concha come up on Priceline. I always see the Sheraton, Intercontinental and Marriott. Right now I see the Intercontinental so we have not bid again. Is La Concha available on PL?

Thanks,

Karen

Congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon! :)

OMG now you have me looking at this suite again, lol! We were going to book this, but then we started thinking of how much $$ we could save by just booking on Priceline. But then again maybe we should splurge since we're celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary on this cruise. Now I don't know what to do! :D

I know right? I've been watching priceline and there have been no winning bids for La Concha and rarely any for the Marriott, two of our favorite hotels. We love staying in the Condado beach area for all the great restaurants within walking distance, etc. So, while looking online at a AAA discount the spa suite is not too much more than a one bedroom so I decided to splurge. How often to you get a chance to get a room like this? Just imagine sitting under the stars in your own private hot tub listening to the ocean with a glass of wine celebrating your anniversary! I say go for it!

By the way I love all your blogs and pictures. We are considering Creole Cruises because of the picture/blog of yours. It looks great. Thanks for posting those.

I have the Marriott Stellaris booked for 4 days next March which I got on Priceline ($115). No cruise this trip........just 8 days in San Juan. I also have a regular reservation at La Concha for the additional 4 days ($237+taxes/fees).

I very rarely see La Concha come up on Priceline. I always see the Sheraton, Intercontinental and Marriott. Right now I see the Intercontinental so we have not bid again. Is La Concha available on PL?

Thanks,

Karen

Karen, I haven't seen La Concha win any bids at all this year. The last time we won it was 3 years ago. The majority of the winning bids for the last few months have been for the Intercontinental. I've seen a few others here and there but they weren't resort bids.

You can go to last minute travel dot com and check out their hotels. It's not a whole lot cheaper. I think it was $168 for a resort view room 3.11 miles from the airport. It is shown as 4 stars with these amenities:

Hotel Amenities

Business Center

Concierge

Fitness Center

Internet Access

Pool

Restaurant(s)

Room Service

Safe Deposit Box

You can also see the room in the picture. There are 4 categories resort view, ocean view, junior suite and one bedroom suite.

Karen, I haven't seen La Concha win any bids at all this year. The last time we won it was 3 years ago. The majority of the winning bids for the last few months have been for the Intercontinental. I've seen a few others here and there but they weren't resort bids.

You can go to last minute travel dot com and check out their hotels. It's not a whole lot cheaper. I think it was $168 for a resort view room 3.11 miles from the airport. It is shown as 4 stars with these amenities:

Hotel Amenities

Business Center

Concierge

Fitness Center

Internet Access

Pool

Restaurant(s)

Room Service

Safe Deposit Box

You can also see the room in the picture. There are 4 categories resort view, ocean view, junior suite and one bedroom suite.

Thanks for the help. Right now we'll keep what we have and check to see what hotels other than the Intercontinental turn up on priceline.

I know right? I've been watching priceline and there have been no winning bids for La Concha and rarely any for the Marriott, two of our favorite hotels. We love staying in the Condado beach area for all the great restaurants within walking distance, etc. So, while looking online at a AAA discount the spa suite is not too much more than a one bedroom so I decided to splurge. How often to you get a chance to get a room like this? Just imagine sitting under the stars in your own private hot tub listening to the ocean with a glass of wine celebrating your anniversary! I say go for it!

By the way I love all your blogs and pictures. We are considering Creole Cruises because of the picture/blog of yours. It looks great. Thanks for posting those.

Yes, we'll see about La Concha. We're staying two nights pre-cruise, so we would end up spending 2-3X the cost of booking on Priceline, even with the AAA discount.:eek: Not sure I can justify that big of a price jump. I think I would rather spend that on an excursion! We'll see lol.

Thank you so much for the compliments on my blog! A day with Creole is always great. We've gone with them twice, and think it's worth every penny.

spa2.jpg

spa.jpg

WOW!! That room is awesome!! I went online to see if I could change to this type of room but it wont let me make any reservation for 9/3 at all. I will try to give them a call later today.

• 3 weeks later...
Just got La Concha this a.m. on priceline. Bid 3.5* and got upgraded. $105 + fees=125.25:) For 4/27/12

NICE!! We haven't seen La Concha for Priceline in a long time. I've seen most people getting the Intercontinental, which is why I booked La Concha through the Marriott website. Great price! Enjoy :)

Archived