Locking in rate

izmeeh

My February 2012 rate has gone up so I'm planning a cruise for February 2013.

I can't book ES due to uncertainties so I want to take advantage of the PG rate.

2 past guests and 6 newbies. 1 of the newbies will be a past guest by the end of February 2012. We need 3 rooms for 8 people or 2 rooms for 7 people, depending on whether or not my friend is okay with cruising after he goes on the February 2012 cruise.

What's the best way for me to lock in the rate?

1) Book 2 rooms for 7 people and move one person to the 3rd room when the other person is confirmed and use the PG rate for that 3rd room. Will I get the new rate, if applicable, for just the additional person or both people?

2) Book 2 rooms for 8 people and move to 2 people to the 3rd room when we have another person qualified for the PG rate. Will I be able to keep the old rate since all 8 people were booked under the PG rate?

The 2013 rate is currently the same as the 2012 rate back in February. I know I can just wait until February 2012 to book and apply the Future Cruise Credit but 1) I want to know that I am booked on another cruise soon (even though my next one isn't until 2012) and 2) I want to lock in the price since a little increase will add up for 8 people.

Thanks.

Have you even looked to see if there are past guest rates out that far? Mostly there are not.

If you have to move people later to a different category the rate would be whatever the new rate is.

I would wait until you have it more pinned down to book.

first look if there are past guest rates, usually not that far out. So, then you know you dont have to worry about that.

Archived