Doctors Cave Beach...

Oma24boys

...Has anyone every visited Doctors Cave Beach in Jamaica? I found if through research on Jamaica and it looks like a great place to relax. The entrance cost is $5/person. It's my understanding that it still is a public beach. Any information would be appreciated!:)

It's a nice clean beach with nice restroom facilities. You won't have people harassing you on the beach to purchase various items as it is monitored closely. There is a nice dining facility called the "groovy Grouper" which offers some wonderful lunches and dinners. They also have a full bar with all of the whacky frozen drinks as well as the standards, and of course Red Stripe.

There is a small internet cafe which also has wonderful homemade cookies and cakes as well as books and magazines for your beach reading enjoyment.

Dr's Cave beach is a wonderful beach experience.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

It's a nice clean beach with nice restroom facilities. You won't have people harassing you on the beach to purchase various items as it is monitored closely. There is a nice dining facility called the "groovy Grouper" which offers some wonderful lunches and dinners. They also have a full bar with all of the whacky frozen drinks as well as the standards, and of course Red Stripe.

There is a small internet cafe which also has wonderful homemade cookies and cakes as well as books and magazines for your beach reading enjoyment.

Dr's Cave beach is a wonderful beach experience.

CaribbeanBlue

www.*****.org

CaribbeanBlue:

Thanks for responding! I think this is the beach we will visit while in Montego Bay:)

When we were there two years ago it was $3.00 per person one way. We have done Docs third times and really enjoyed it - but this next time we are going to do Sunset Beach Resort. Let me tell you why.

There are 4 of us.

Docs -

Taxi - $12.00 x 2 = $24.00

Admission - $5.00 x 4 = $20.00

Umbrella Rental = $5.00

Chair Rental = $3.00

Snorkel Rental = $4.00

Drinks = $20.00

We then walk to Margaritaville -

Food/Drinks = $60.00

When I state food and drinks I'm only talking one or two each.

Total for 4 about $136.00

Now - Sunset - $20.00 Each (all inclusive)

Taxi for 4 x 2 = $10.00

Pass - 4 x $20.00 = $80.00 for all the food and drink you want

Umbrella Rental = 0

Chair Rental = 0

Snorkel Rental = 0

Also 3 beaches, 3 pools (one swim up), beach volleyball, kayaks, paddleboats, large chess/checkers, putt-putt golf, towels, soon to be waterpark, and plus spa (additional). I'm probably missing something.

Total = $90.00 and we are never thirsty or hungry.

I haven't done Sunset Beach - but for me and my budget - it sounds like heaven.

When we were there two years ago it was $3.00 per person one way. We have done Docs third times and really enjoyed it - but this next time we are going to do Sunset Beach Resort. Let me tell you why.

There are 4 of us.

Docs -

Taxi - $12.00 x 2 = $24.00

Admission - $5.00 x 4 = $20.00

Umbrella Rental = $5.00

Chair Rental = $3.00

Snorkel Rental = $4.00

Drinks = $20.00

We then walk to Margaritaville -

Food/Drinks = $60.00

When I state food and drinks I'm only talking one or two each.

Total for 4 about $136.00

Now - Sunset - $20.00 Each (all inclusive)

Taxi for 4 x 2 = $10.00

Pass - 4 x $20.00 = $80.00 for all the food and drink you want

Umbrella Rental = 0

Chair Rental = 0

Snorkel Rental = 0

Also 3 beaches, 3 pools (one swim up), beach volleyball, kayaks, paddleboats, large chess/checkers, putt-putt golf, towels, soon to be waterpark, and plus spa (additional). I'm probably missing something.

Total = $90.00 and we are never thirsty or hungry.

I haven't done Sunset Beach - but for me and my budget - it sounds like heaven.

Thanks for the reply! Please let me know how you enjoyed Sunset Beach...and, how did you make reservations? Again, Thanks!!!! Happy Cruising...

There are lots of thread on this board for Sunset Beach Resort. Too me it's seemed too good to be true - but everyone has said nothing but good things about the place - as far as a day pass. $20.00 for adults and $10.00 for under 12 (or 12 and under - can't remember right now).

You can not get reservations. It's first come first serve. Someone said during the Christmas Holidays they stopped receiving cruise passengers - they must have been pretty full - and they don't want to deprive their stay on premise guests - so it looks like they do limit during the busier times of the year.

You just catch a cab to Sunset - cabs seem to have their own pricing when it comes to this place - so be sure you know what you are paying before you go - some have asked the same driver to pick themup at a certain time. Youhave to turn in your cruise ship card (S&S for Carnival) and it is returned to you when you leave.

I loved Docs ans Margaritaville - but we are ready for a change and this place just sounds so nice.

Check out the posts - there is lots of information.

Archived