Refund question

gdisney

Hello all - just got off of the Sea Princess July 29. On that morning, I noticed a $50 error on my final statement, which I took to the front desk. They fixed it by writing up a manual credit receipt on which my credit card was imprinted.

Question is - has anyone done this who can tell me how long it normally takes to process? It's been 6 days and the credit hasn't appeared on my card, though the final statement charges posted on my credit card three days ago.

The last time this happened to me, the credit was never put through and I had to contact Princess to get it straightened out. I gave it 4 weeks (1 complete billing cycle) before contacting them.

Their refunds don't work like a credit from a store where they show up that day, or in a short time, they normally need to be reviewed (which can take some time) before they put them through.

The last time this happened to me, the credit was never put through and I had to contact Princess to get it straightened out. I gave it 4 weeks (1 complete billing cycle) before contacting them.

Their refunds don't work like a credit from a store where they show up that day, or in a short time, they normally need to be reviewed (which can take some time) before they put them through.

OK, I'll keep watching then...thanks!

Also banks take longer to process credits than charges (quelle surpise??) so that will delay it as well..

Hello all - just got off of the Sea Princess July 29. On that morning, I noticed a $50 error on my final statement, which I took to the front desk. They fixed it by writing up a manual credit receipt on which my credit card was imprinted.

Question is - has anyone done this who can tell me how long it normally takes to process? It's been 6 days and the credit hasn't appeared on my card, though the final statement charges posted on my credit card three days ago.

These transactions fall through the cracks routinely (what a surprise!!). I would call Princess. Otherwise, you may never see your credit.

I was in a similar situation about a year ago on Emerald. The hand written receipt posted to my account in approximately 7-8 days after we left the ship with no help from me. Hope yours does as well...

I hope so too! I'm afraid I might be calling them next week to find out...

Archived