America's Cup in Cabo

Dr Dave

Hi everyone!

I'm really interested in the America's cup racing excursion in Cabo in my upcoming cruise on the Carnival Splendor. It looks like it is really different from most of the other excursions that you would find on a cruise. Has anyone done it and would you recommend booking thru Carnival or separately?

I did it a few years ago and it was awesome! It was real America's Cup sailboat, so you really get to feel what it is like to race. We were on a NZ boat and raced against an AU sailboat- they also let us command the steering wheel and "work" the sails and lines. Super fun and it was my first time on a sail boat and I was hooked! It is really a great tour and hard to find one similar anywhere in North America.

I forgot to mention we booked through the ship for a few reasons. One, we were late on deciding what to do. We met someone on the ship who did the tour while they were there on vacation and we booked through the ship because people said we would not be able to book direct and the internet was crazy priced on the ship.

Hi everyone!

I'm really interested in the America's cup racing excursion in Cabo in my upcoming cruise on the Carnival Splendor. It looks like it is really different from most of the other excursions that you would find on a cruise. Has anyone done it and would you recommend booking thru Carnival or separately?

We did it as a walk up and it was great - except that we lost the race. No need to pay the ship price.

DON

Archived