Post cruise transport Port Canaveral to Orlando airport

keesu89

Does anyone have any recommendations on best options from cruise terminal back to Orlando at the end of the cruise in early September. We are renting a vehicle pre-cruise, but the drop off fees are quite high to do this on the return. We are looking for something reasonably priced and reliable since our flight is just before 2:00 pm. Any tips from others would be helpful.

Does anyone have any recommendations on best options from cruise terminal back to Orlando at the end of the cruise in early September. We are renting a vehicle pre-cruise, but the drop off fees are quite high to do this on the return. We are looking for something reasonably priced and reliable since our flight is just before 2:00 pm. Any tips from others would be helpful.

car rental is your best option. which company are you renting from? I believe budget does not charge a fee for one way rentals, maybe avis as well.

From what I have heard, Thirifty Car Rental is one of the only agencies that charge a one way drop off fee. Most of the other major rental car companies do not charge a fee for one way rentals. Personally I would still do the rental car option.

I just recently reserved our one way rentals (pre & post) thru Budget. Someone on one of the threads gave a discount code (U333645) and I saved quite a bit. Even after checking thru AAA & discounts thru Costco & BJs - this was the best rate I found.

Costco - $113

discount code prices - $86 (pre) (post)$69 and with traveling with 6 people the shuttle service was out of the question. this was the best price I found.

Maybe you could try this code and save yourself some money. Use the extra money you'll save for the cruise itself... just passing on some good information that saved us some moolaa.

Good luck. :D

Kim

Both Avis and Hertz (and probably others) have rental offices in MCO (the Orlando Airport) and Cocoa Beach (Port Canaveral). Neither charges a drop off fee. Both (and probably others) offer a free shuttle to and from the port to the rental office in Cocoa Beach.

Both Avis and Hertz (and probably others) have rental offices in MCO (the Orlando Airport) and Cocoa Beach (Port Canaveral). Neither charges a drop off fee. Both (and probably others) offer a free shuttle to and from the port to the rental office in Cocoa Beach.

I priced Avis yesterday for the same trip and they were charging a drop off fee - it was either $17 or $19 - can't remember which. :eek:

Thanks for all the input. We found a private service for comparable to car rental so are going with that in the hope that it will be a bit less hassle than renting. In the end although some companies have lower or no drop off fee, they charge more for the basic rental so it was going to even out. Service we chose was one we saw recommended on these boards, so hopefully will work out fine. Thanks all for the information.

Archived