The Marseilles hotel or Sea View Bal Harbour?

evajean

We are still looking for an oceanfront hotel in Miami they night before our cruise. Has anyone stayed at either of these? They are both on the ocean and less than $150 a night.

What's the best area of Miami to stay in- Miami Beach or South Beach?

I haven't been in either one of those, so I can't comment on the rooms, but I will say that for less than $150 per night OCEANFRONT don't expect 5 star quality.

As far as location goes "best" means something different to everyone, but Sea View is in Bal Harbour, a very exclusive area. There isn't really anything within walking distance but condos. Bal Harbour Shops are a few blocks away if you're into very high end shopping... http://www.balharbourshops.com/

The Marseilles hotel is in South Beach, a few blocks north of the hottest area, but definitely within walking distance of all the restaurants, bars, clubs, and many many shops as well as all of the classic Art Deco hotels that South Beach is famous for.

Keep in mind that if you don't have a car and will be using taxis Bal Harbour is about 20-30 minutes north of South Beach. South Beach is just across the MacArthur Causeway from the Port of Miami.

TrentS,

Can you tell me what is near the victor hotel? Have you heard anything good or bad about it. I know it is across from the Versase House and it is suppose to be wonderful and it is pricing as well.:D thanks

Hotel VICTOR is SPECTACULAR! It's only been open since Feburary, I was in it shorty after it opened and both the hotel and the rooms are absolutely gorgeous.

It's just north of Casa Casuarina - The former Versace mansion. It's on Ocean Drive very close to all of the sidewalk cafes, shops, etc. It's a perfect location where you can easily walk to everything South Beach has to offer.

Yes, it's pricey, but if you're willing to pay the price you won't be disappointed! As far as both quality and location go IMO it's the best hotel in South Beach.

The Victor is stunning! It is right on Ocean Drive in the heart of the Deco district.

I've not stayed at the Marseilles but right next door at the South Seas Hotel and it seems nice. It is oceanfront with a pool which is a rarity in South Beach right at the Lincoln Road Mall area.

You cannot beat the location and I prefer it to staying on Ocean Drive. Ocean Drive ends about at about 14th and Collins and the Marseilles is around 16th and Collins Avenue. Very short walk.

Wow, thanks so much for the info on the Victor. I read about it in a magazine and we are driving down Saturday and wanted a special place to stay since Sunday is our Anniversary and we are getting on the ship on Sunday. We stayed at the Breakers in Palm Beach for my birthday and I saw the prices are comparable, so I think we will do it! Thanks again!:D

Archived