IslandTour by Javin @ St Kitts

l2f

I posted this question on the St Kitt port of call board and didn't get much traffic.

Has anyone used IslandTour by Javin and can comment good and/ bad, about their experience?

I posted this question on the St Kitt port of call board and didn't get much traffic.

Has anyone used IslandTour by Javin and can comment good and/ bad, about their experience?

We used Javin in April and we LOVED our day....probably one of our favs of our whole cruise. He only takes small groups which is great it is very personalized. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I highly recommend him though!

The small group is great. Why we asking. Our concern was he seems to go off the beaten path. If it ends up just being us two, safety was our concern.

it does go off the beaten path which in our opinion was awesome! We got to see a part of St Kitts that most people do not. We felt safe the entire time. We had my husband and I another couple and a family of three, so 7 total, but I think we would have felt just as safe just the two of us! However if you are involved with your roll call maybe you can get another couple of people to go with you on the tour...thats what we did. Javin was great and I think if you decide to do the excursion you will not regret it.

We have been reading the roll call, but have never participated in any of the conversations nor have I seen any on this tour company. Are you allowed to ask for anyone interested in joining others for a tour in the roll call.

I have been reading the roll call, but have never participated in any of the conversations nor have I seen any on this tour company. Not sure of hte posting rules in roll call. Are you allowed to ask for anyone interested in the roll call.

i am pretty sure you can...we just asked our RC what everyone was doing and we shared our excursions that we had planned and if the tour had any openings we shared that info and anyone that was interested just let us know and we got everything booked. it worked out great. I hope it all works out for ya but like I said I would not hesitate to book with Javin even if it is just a group of two. are you cruising on the victory?

We are going to use Javin in October. Have seen ONLY wonderful reviews of him, so that is why he is the 1st tour I booked, wanted to make sure he was available. It will be just the 2 of us so far, and I am so excited!!!

We are going to use Javin in October. Have seen ONLY wonderful reviews of him, so that is why he is the 1st tour I booked, wanted to make sure he was available. It will be just the 2 of us so far, and I am so excited!!!

I didn't find many reviews on CC. I did see some on tripadvisior.

Where did you find the reviews?

Check out Sugarlandtoursdotcom. The Lion King is great and very knowledgeable. I felt safe with him and we still keep in touch. Tell him Stephanie from NY sent you!

Which tour did you Do? Where you back to the ship in plenty of time?

We are booked with Javin in October. He has been great to respond to emails & seems very personable. This is the review that sold me on his tour. Javin's tour starts on page 6.

Carnival Victory Review with Pictures (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

jennat

This review is really good also. St. Kitts begins on page 3.

paperclip.gif Victory family cruise review June 12, 2011 (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

tigger77732

We are booked with Javin in October. I will come back & write a review of our day in St. Kitts with him.

We are booked with Javin in October. He has been great to respond to emails & seems very personable. This is the review that sold me on his tour. Javin's tour starts on page 6.

Carnival Victory Review with Pictures (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

jennat

This review is really good also. St. Kitts begins on page 3.

paperclip.gif Victory family cruise review June 12, 2011 (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

tigger77732

We are booked with Javin in October. I will come back & write a review of our day in St. Kitts with him.

How funny...it was Jennat's review that sold me on it as well! I am so thankful to her that she took the time to write such a wonderful review.

Which tour did you Do? Where you back to the ship in plenty of time?

I didn't do a tour. I found him online and asked him to take us to Cockleshell Beach. He gave us a tour on the way there and let us stop to take pictures. He stayed at the beach while we were there and got us back to the ship with no problems. After I got back, he started his website. I forget what he charges us, but it was not expensive and he is a very nice man. He had a sign with our name on it when we got off the ship.

We toured with Javin this past April and LOVED it! This was our first time to Kitts and what a fabulous day. I had lots of communication with Javin during our planning. We are not hikers but were looking for a total Island experience along with some beach time. After much research and many emails with different tour operators we chose Javin and are so very glad we did. We had 3 adults and 1 17 yr old. We all had the best day. We saw Island highlights and Brimstone. Javin taught us so much about St Kitts. Excellent driver and we were safe at all times. Javin was easy to spot when we walked off the ship and he also had us back with plenty of time to spare. We spent the afternoon (a couple hours) at the beach and it was not crowded or touristy. I am a huge fan of St Martin and have toured with Bernard. When we return to St Kitts we will 100% surly book Javin again. Now we have 2 favorite Islands and operators!

Also wanted to note: Of 12 cruises it is usually just my daughter and I so safety is always my number one concern. I would not hesitate to book Javin for just the two of us, he is indeed wonderful!

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd update this thread with our experience with Javin in August. He won't put anyone else in your tour because it wouldn't be fair to you to have some people along who aren't able to physically do what you can do. If you invite others to join you, that's different. You won't get strangers going along with you. It was just my husband and I and we wouldn't have had it any other way.

Yes, we are fit and we are hikers, that's why we don't like doing group tours. I don't remember what time we got back to the ship but it was in plenty of time. We never felt any sense of urgency to return.

Javin is really great. I only wish we could have met his wife. Ask him about her.

Here is my tripadvisor review which I just got around to posting - long over due but we were busy traveling and I didn't want to type it from my iPhone. Latecomers to the thread may need to scroll down and look for the review by me - mommabean.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147373-d1945883-r118992817-Myislands_Tours_by_Javin-St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html#REVIEWS

Javin also has a website where he posts all the photos he'll take of you. Here is our album which I easily saved to my own account at the same website.

http://myislandstours.shutterfly.com/5693

One more thing - make sure you wear good waterproof hiking shoes or sandals. I wore the keens I had previously gotten for my hike in Dominica last year.

Gina

Archived