Gumbalimba Park

Limeia

Can any one tell me how much addmission is to Gumbalimba Park? I know there is extra charges for kayak, snuba etc.

We may be thinking of using Bodden tour and going to this park and the beach.

How is the beach at the Gum. park compared to Tabayna beach? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Oh, also is there a charge at Mahogany Bay beach? Addmission, chair rental??? Thanks

Can any one tell me how much addmission is to Gumbalimba Park? I know there is extra charges for kayak, snuba etc.

We may be thinking of using Bodden tour and going to this park and the beach.

How is the beach at the Gum. park compared to Tabayna beach? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Oh, also is there a charge at Mahogany Bay beach? Addmission, chair rental??? Thanks

No base charge at Mahogany Bay. There is a charge for the chair lift, but you can walk there just as fast. And there are charges for extras or clam shell chairs.

For info and pictures on Gumbalinda see their website: http://www.gumbalimbapark.com/index.html

It's recently been revamped and it does appear that cruise passengers have to book via their cruise lines, a recent common theme for some Roatan places.

crewsweeper- Thanks for the info. Have been to Gumbalimba Park website but they do not list the addmission price. I have e-mailed them, but have not gotten a response back.

Interesting about having to book through the cruise lines for this park, I wonder why that would be :confused:. Would seem to me any tour operator could take you there.

Anyother comments out there??

crewsweeper- Thanks for the info. Have been to Gumbalimba Park website but they do not list the addmission price. I have e-mailed them, but have not gotten a response back.

Interesting about having to book through the cruise lines for this park, I wonder why that would be :confused:. Would seem to me any tour operator could take you there.

Anyother comments out there??

A few years ago, Roatan was primarily a "divers" vacation land and a serene spot for Canadian and US ex-pats, on longer stay vacations. Now cruise ships have now begun to add significant $ to the Roatan economy. Resorts have found that unless they use crusie lines to market for day customers, they may miss out on this now important source of revenue. Waiting for a cruiser to discover their resort on the web (few in total look) or an individual driver/tour company to swing by their resorts (2-6 passengers maybe) will not do the trick. Plus some more popular resorts that do not use cruise lines for day bookings but do accept some day passengers have found them to be more demanding than longer staying guests and more disruptive of the atomsphere they wish to convey.

We went to Gumbalimbo last summer during our trip to Roatan. We were not with a cruise. Because we were not with a cruise we went in and they charged a couple different prices based on what you wanted to do. We did the everything day which included the zip lining, a tour through the gardens, museum, and zoo area, and then got to use the pool for the afternoon. There was no one else there and we had the pool to ourselves. I think it cost us about $60 each. The beach is nice but there were lots of sand fleas there, West Bay Beach is much nicer. The pool at gumbalimba was really nice and clean. There were no activities at all when we went, like I said we were the only ones there. We are heading back to Roatan this Sat and plan on doing another day at the park with some other family members that were not with us last time. Hope this helps

Archived