Navigator Suite 854, Good room or not?

sindy1200

Finally got our room number. We leave on the Navigator in 4 days for Alaska. I looked on Regent website and our room (854) appears to be at the rear of the ship. I'm wondering what all in on that deck and if that deck and location of the room has any downside.Will we be facing the ocean or coastline while sailing?

I'm sure getting excited, as this Texas heat is killer.

Thanks for any info.

Sindy;)

Finally got our room number. We leave on the Navigator in 4 days for Alaska. I looked on Regent website and our room (854) appears to be at the rear of the ship. I'm wondering what all in on that deck and if that deck and location of the room has any downside.Will we be facing the ocean or coastline while sailing?

I'm sure getting excited, as this Texas heat is killer.

Thanks for any info.

Sindy;)

I don't know anything specifically about this cabin but its too aft for my taste( ie prone to vibrations). Regarding if you'll face coastline, it depends if you're going northbound or southbound.

I don't know anything specifically about this cabin but its too aft for my taste( ie prone to vibrations). Regarding if you'll face coastline, it depends if you're going northbound or southbound.

Actually regarding facing the coastline or not, most of the time you are so far from shore that you can't see it. On the Inside Passage you are between Vancouver Island and the Mainland so not much difference. When you are close to shore, can't tell which side is better, depends on what there is to see and mostly while near shore, you can see land on both sides.

IOW, don't worry which side of the ship you are on. Simply enjoy the scenery you can see and get away from this oppressive heat. Can't wait for October!!

Not really relevant, but I'll take this opportunity to say that I myself happen to like, no, excuse me, _love_, any vibration. Many folks speak of it as if it were a bugaboo.

For me, it reminds me that I'm on a ship! And, I *love* being on a ship! When I've had it, it has helped rock me to sleep. Yummy times.

I should say that I've never been on Navigator. Voyager has infamously-reported-upon vibration. When I've had an aft cabin on Voy, I absolutely *did* experience the vibration, and, for me, it was an extra special treat!!!!

... meaning to say, the take-home message of this post is ... every individual is different! and/or: Follow your bliss!

Archived