Help-lost camera on the star

We just got back yesterday (Saturday, August 6th) from sailing on the Alaskan Cruise on the Star. The last day, we were leaving the ship, my husband had our camera bag with the camera around his neck and body. We self disembarked due to an early flight we had to catch and they directed all of us through the Spinnaker Lounge. We sat down in the chairs and that is where we think he left it. He doesn't remember doing this but we know he had it on him when we left the room. We think he took it off and sat it down and then when we got up to start moving again, he simply forgot it. Of course we did not notice it missing until after we had left the ship and was in a shuttle to the airport.

We did contact NCL and filled out a form and was told that all lost items get mailed back to Miami office and to call them for the next two weeks. Which we will.

I just wondered if anyone has experienced anything like this with NCl and what advice you have or suggestions? My husband beat himself up about it all day yesterday so any serious suggestions would kindly be appreciated.

Thanks,

He's not the only one to do this. In our room, left by the previous occupants, I've found a cell phone once and a complete set of keys, car, house, etc another time. I'm sure both of those persons were very upset about those. The keys I turned in to the desk on the ship. The phone, I waited until back at US port and phoned the owner from his phone, then mailed it to him. Hopefully, someone turned in your camera and you'll hear from NCL.

My husband left his house and office keys in our cabin on the Jade 2 weeks ago.

We called Miami on the Monday (we got home on Saturday) and they said they would call us back within 2 weeks. They gave us a reference.

I had a call on Wednesday to say they had the keys in Miami and would DHL them back to us in London (at our expense - but it was our fault!). Bit annoying that the keys were sent to Miami as it would have been cheaper and quicker to get them back from Venice.

Archived