FOS - Drinks package

This is my first cruise. There are 4 adults travelling. I understand that we can buy soft drinks package, none of us drink alcohol.A water package ranges from €20 - €50 depending on how many bottles we want. It says they will be delivered to our cabin, does that mean if I order 24 bottles at €50 all 24 bottles are brought to my cabin. How do I keep them cool, is there a fridge in my cabin? The soft drink package is €30, a cup is provided, am I to carry this cup around the ship for when I may want a drink or how does it work? :cool:

Are these drink packages value for money or would we be better off paying as we go along? The 4 of us would be drinking a combination of water and soft drinks. Can I bring bottles of water and coke in my suitcase on board? I've read reviews of people smuggling alcohol on board but for us its water and coke.

You can put ice in a glass and pour your water over it! Or, stick a few bottles at a time into the fridge (ask the attendant to empty it, if you want to)

The soda package is for fountain soda only...you will get a cup, but don't HAVE to use it...they will give you a glass at any bar or eatery. To make the soda package pay for itself, you'll have to drink the equivilent of about 4 cans worth of soda per day, per person.

You can buy cans of soda without the soda package, if you only want one now and again.

Icewater (and tap water!) are free....and perfectly fine to drink!!! Coffee, tea and lemonade are also avail. and included.

Thanks, I wasn't aware I had a fridge in my cabin or icewater / tapwater is free. Do people bring water in their luggage? if I am at a port and buy a bottle of water can I bring it onto the ship? When I know the answers to these questions it will help me decide if we will go with drink package or not.

Thanks, I wasn't aware I had a fridge in my cabin or icewater / tapwater is free. Do people bring water in their luggage? if I am at a port and buy a bottle of water can I bring it onto the ship? When I know the answers to these questions it will help me decide if we will go with drink package or not.

The "fridge" in your cabin will keep things cool but not cold. I drink bottled water at home, but the ship's water is very pure and just as good if not better. Your room steward will bring you ice every day (twice a day if you ask), so you will have plenty of ice. My suggestion is to bring a couple of empty sports bottles and fill them yourself with ice water (or iced tea or lemonade) in the Windjammer. Then you can have them in your cabin, on excursions, by the pool, whereever. If you are big soda drinkers, you can get the package - if not, just buy by the can as desired.

Whether they will let you on with (open) bottles of water purchased in port seems to vary - we've never had a problem, but have heard of others who have.

Thanks guys for the information. I have a better understanding now of the drinks available. Don't think I will bother with a drinks package, there seems to be plenty available free and it will be mostly water we will be drinking. Good idea about the sports bottle. thanks :)

Archived