How fancy do my kids need to dress?

MMJJCREW

We are sailing on the Freedom & I'm wondering how dressy my sons need to get for dinner in the MDR? They are 14 & 11. Can they wear golf shorts & polo shirts on casual nights with sneakers?

Yes. Many of the adults might be dressed pretty similar.

Have a great cruise!

Just off the Dream with an 11 year old son - we did not even pack long pants because he usually does not join us for dinner. He went to the dining room with us on 3 different nights wearing khaki shorts, a polo shirt, and flip flops. Worked well for our family on the informal nights.

We did witness the staff ask a older teenager that showed up on formal night in shorts to change into pants.

We are sailing on the Freedom & I'm wondering how dressy my sons need to get for dinner in the MDR? They are 14 & 11. Can they wear golf shorts & polo shirts on casual nights with sneakers?

Sneakers and polos work, but best to have khaki pants or other pants versusu shorts for the elegant nights. golf shorts and even cargos, but not cut-offs, will work on all other nights.

as fancy as you want or they want to be. it's also a perfect time to get some great family shots. if they comeout great, you may want to share with friends and family.

and the 14 year old may want the ladies looking his way. show him how to lure them!

Yep, shorts are just fine for casual night on Carnival. Tennis shoes will work, but like someone else said, black tennis shoes seem to have a more formal look. Of course, I don't see many guys in white tennis shoes, nowadays, anyway. Have fun on your cruise! :)

My 3 year old sons will be wearing shorts/polo with brown boat shoes and my 7b year old DD will be wearing dress short sets on casual nights with nice sandals. On formal night my DD will wear her pageant dresses and my boys have a blue/white leisure suit with tie for one night and dark suits with vest and tie for the other night. My kids all like to "dress up" a bit for dinner so it's fun for them. I think what you have described for casual night will be just fine!

I am fully planning on my 13 year old son to be wearing nice shorts, polo shirt and "nice" flip flops (ie leather, not plastic) for all casual dinners. My 9 year old daughter will wear dresses, but only because she likes them and has a ton of them.

our first fm cruise my boys were 12 &13, we went all out, nice slacks, polo shirts for casual and tux's for elegant night,. It was nice but too much, next cruise no jeans, nice shorts and polo's, for elegant night they had nice slacks and button up shirt.Black gym shoes were fine

Your kids have the same dress code as you, so what you expect to wear, they would wear.

Archived