Just off Legend - waterspout in Grand Cayman

I'm in the process of writing my review but I had to share the following picture with you. Were were out at Stingray city when this waterspout formed on the other side of the island. No one was too nervous about it as they took us on to the second snorkeling spot -- you can see the spout in the background. Pretty amazing.

mufrtk.jpg

Those are pretty amazing and crazing pics. We saw one off in the distance on our 1st cruise I think. I don't think we had the camera with us to get a pic though. We were at sea when we saw ours. Scary sight but pretty neat as long as they are way off in the distance.

On our cruise in 2005 on the Triumph we saw water spouts when sailing from the lido deck. I will have to dig the photo's out and try to post them (that was before digital ). They are cool to see but a little scary at the same time!

We were sailing on the Inspiration, and saw one in the distance. Just maybe it was the same one??

It was really cool to see. Tried to get a picture, but by the time I went in to get the camera, it was gone!:D

This waterspout lasted for at least 10 minutes -- if not longer. We saw it form, take shape, get larger and then finally disappear. It was nerve wracking but interesting.

We saw one when we were in Cozumel last month sailing on the Liberty. It was well off in the distance, but we could clearly see it so it must have been quite wide. We tried to get a pic, but our camera was unable to capture it as it was fading away.

I'm in the process of writing my review but I had to share the following picture with you. Were were out at Stingray city when this waterspout formed on the other side of the island. No one was too nervous about it as they took us on to the second snorkeling spot -- you can see the spout in the background. Pretty amazing.

mufrtk.jpg

Wow, great pic. Are you at Sting Ray City?

Archived