Normandie reservations

rfrobins

Two weeks ago I asked the Captain's Club to make a Normandie Restaurant reservation on an upcoming Summit cruise 58 days before the cruise date. I was told we will get back to you in a week. Today I was told I will have to wait until I get on the ship to find out if my request can be granted. Computer problems was given as a problem.

Any reaction?

Ron in Carlsbad

Ron

I responded to your pevious post, evidently you missed it, we are on the same sailing on the 6th of May as you, and I also asked for a res at the normandie and recived the same reply as you did. so go figure, however getting a res on board should not present a problem, or at least it hasn't on my past sailings.

Phil

Hi,

We have sailed on Summit twice. There is usually a place where you can go soon after you board to make reservations for dining in the Normandie. You can also try going to the specialty restaurant itself to see if anyone is taking reservations there. On both cruises we ate there twice, so getting a reservation should not be a problem. You might not want to plan on eating there on a formal night, although we did one time. Whoever is making reservations will have the dress codes for each evening. Some people prefer to make their Normandie reservations on an evening when they will already have on a coat and tie, etc. Keep in mind that it is a delightful evening and everything is cooked to order, so 2 1/2 hours is usually the amount of time you will be in the restaurant.

My favorites - the goat cheese souffle appetizer, the lamb, and the chocolate souffle dessert.

Bon appetite! Enjoy!

Sandie

Two weeks ago I asked the Captain's Club to make a Normandie Restaurant reservation on an upcoming Summit cruise 58 days before the cruise date. I was told we will get back to you in a week. Today I was told I will have to wait until I get on the ship to find out if my request can be granted. Computer problems was given as a problem.

Any reaction?

Ron in Carlsbad

It's not likely that their problem will persist for the next 58 days, and as I recall, you have until a week before sailing. Keep pestering them and let them know you'll be calling regularly until they can confirm your reservation!

I called yesterday to reserve for our Constellation May 7th cruise and was told that "due to communication problems, they may or may not be able to confirm the request, if you don't hear from us, check once onboard". What a pile of it that is. If they have puter problems to that extent, get somebody to fix it, doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Marilyn

We sailed the Summitt in January, and 60 days before our cruise I called the Captain's Club to make reservations for the Normandine. For approximately 4 weeks I got the run-around from them. Finally, spoke with a Supervisor who advised me of computer problems and assured me that she would check into it and get back to me and she never did. Finally, approximately 1 week before our cruise, I called again and spoke with Vonna. There were still computer problems but, she promised that she would do everything she could to try to get us a reservation, but I was told that nothing could be confirmed. She emailed someone possibly on the ship and she told me to go to the Normandine as soon as we boarded to check to see if we got a reservation. Happy to say, that our reservation was made and we were able to book a 2nd night as well, and dinner was fabulous! So be persistant! It makes you wonder though, computer problems for over 2 months, hmmmmm . . .

To Sandie's post:

We are just off Summit a week ago :( there is a representative from the Normandie set up on deck 10 in the lobby-like area between the pool and the buffet on sail away day. When you get on board and head for the lunch buffet you can't miss the host of the Normandie. He can make the reservations for you and answer any other questions.

Archived