Evening programmed on QM2

karenbeanpole

It's our first time on Cunard. We're on on the first sitting.

Would like to know what the evening programme is on the ship - we want to see the show and do some ballroom dancing. Anyone out there know what the timing is for these events? Does it get crowded in the theatre? Is it crowded on the ballroom floor? Is it difficult to find seats in the ballroom?

Besides a show and dancing, is there anything else going on?

Any tips?

It's our first time on Cunard. We're on on the first sitting.

Would like to know what the evening programme is on the ship - we want to see the show and do some ballroom dancing. Anyone out there know what the timing is for these events? Does it get crowded in the theatre? Is it crowded on the ballroom floor? Is it difficult to find seats in the ballroom?

Besides a show and dancing, is there anything else going on?

Any tips?

There are usually two performances in the theatre each evening commencing at 8.30 and 10.30pm. If you are on first sitting for dinner you will have no problem finding a seat for the first performance. I don't dance but, from personal observation, there are usually spare seats around the Queen's Room when dancing is in progress. As well as the theatre and the dancing, there will be plenty of other things going on - live music in the Chart Room, the Commodore Club, the Golden Lion and other venues. There's also the nightclub (G32) if the disco scene takes your fancy, and occasionally there may also be a RADA performance. The Golden Lion also has the occasional karaoke night and sometimes a trivia quiz or two in the evening. I don't think you will be short of options.

J

In addition to the above don't forget the evening film. Plus just walking about or sitting near folks and striking up a conversation. You will probably find they live down the street from you at home. I met such a couple in an elevator. If it is not too windy walking the deck is wonderful. EVeryone...well almost everyone...is reticent to plunge in but do it. You will meet the most interesting people. I promise. Do have a great sail. She is beautiful from stem to stern and top to bottom We will be on QM2 Sept. 5. I will be the one with the rose in my teeth....do say hi! I am of the male gender so I should be hard to miss.

Hi D2 - look forward the looking out for the rose!

We are seldom bored in the evening and I'm sure we'll be well entertained. It's good to know the timings so that we can make full use of all that is available for our enjoyment.

Just hope we have a smooth crossing!

There are usually two performances in the theatre each evening commencing at 8.30 and 10.30pm.

We are just curious to learn about the evening shows. Are these broadway style shows ? , musicals with flair, extravaganza and costume ?

Thanks

We are just curious to learn about the evening shows. Are these broadway style shows ? , musicals with flair, extravaganza and costume ?

Thanks

The one we saw was okay. There were definitely costumes; as well as a certain flair and extravagance.

web.jpg?ver=13066873010001

web.jpg?ver=13066873060001

web.jpg?ver=131323577600051

Apparently you've never seen the shows at an all-inclusive Caribbean resort. Cunard shows have a way to fall to reach that level.

You are absolutely correct but Cunard do erroneously pump up their shows and describe them as Broadway standard.

The one we saw was okay. There were definitely costumes; as well as a certain flair and extravagance.

Beautifully sharp pictures but are not the audience admonished NOT to take photographs during the performance?

Gari

Beautifully sharp pictures but are not the audience admonished NOT to take photographs during the performance?

Gari

G,

from what I remember video is definitely prohibited, as is flash photography. But I think ordinary (flashless) photography is ok.

J

G,

from what I remember video is definitely prohibited, as is flash photography. But I think ordinary (flashless) photography is ok.

J

I stand corrected James, thank you. So the photos are even more impressive being so sharp in that light.

Gari

Archived