How does the laudry service work? Costs?

PS90

Hi all,

Sorry if this is an obvious and often-repeated question, but I have never utilized any kind of laundry service on-board a cruiseship in the past. Also, sorry if this question is very mundane - but I like to know EVERYTHING before I leave for my cruise:o.

Now, however, with weight restrictions for airline luggage, among other things, I am considering just taking enough clothes for about 4 days, and then having the laundry done.

Does anyone have any sage/expert advice about this? How does this work? Good idea or not? How long is the turn-around time? Can anyone give a "ballpark" cost figure?

Thanks so much :)

Various people have posted the costs so if you do a search of this board, you should find the laundry list posted -- the turnaround is generally that if you put something out as you go to dinner on, say, Monday, you get it back sometime on Wednesday. It comes back folded, but not pressed unless you order and pay for pressing. I wouldn't put something that might shrink into their laundry, but I use it nearly every cruise and have always been pleased with the service.

Thanks a lot for the help, CS.

Maybe it's not worth it, if the turn-around time is over a day. On a 7-day cruise, that would be hard to make it work, if your clothes are in the laundry for over 20% of your time on the cruise. You would have to bring 5 or 6 days-worth of clothes, at least.

I must be a search-function moron, because I've tried that twice and can't seem to come up with any numbers on costs.

I'm not sure if my cut and paste will work, but if you can't follow this link, go to the Celebrity website, to the FAQ and you'll find the price of laundry there. Overnight service is 50 percent more ....

http://www.celebritycruises.com/befo...me=faq_answers

I tried this link. It says "page not found". :confused:

I was worried about that link -- the information is in the FAQ in the Ship and Stateroom Details section, as an answer to the question about irons and ironing boards:

Do your staterooms have irons and ironing boards?

Subject: Ship and Stateroom Details

None of the staterooms onboard any Celebrity Cruises' vessel have irons or ironing boards. However, there is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for a reasonable rate.

Regular Service - Next Day

Picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned Next Day

Same Day Service - Add 50% Express Service Surcharge

Picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned Same Day

Laundry Services

Ladies Gentlemen

Dress $5.50 Trousers $3.75

Skirt $2.75 Shorts $2.50

Slacks $3.25 Sport Shirt $2.75

Blouse $3.25 Regular Shirt $2.75

Blazer $4.25 Formal Shirt $3.50

Sweater $2.75 Under Shirt $1.00

Pajamas $3.25 Under Shorts $1.00

Night Gown $3.25 T-Shirt $2.25

Slip $1.50 Pajamas $3.50

Brassiere $1.50 Handkerchief $0.75

Panties $1.00 Sweater $2.75

Hosiery $1.00 Socks $1.00

Handkerchief $0.75 Sweatshirt $2.50

Bathing Suit $1.75 Bathing Suit $1.75

Sports Shirt $2.75

Shorts $2.50

Socks $1.00

Sweatshirt $2.50

Dry-Cleaning Services

Ladies Gentlemen

Suit $7.00 Suit $7.00

Dress $6.00 Sport Jacket $5.50

Slacks $3.25 Sport Shirt $2.75

Skirt $4.50 Tuxedo Jacket $6.00

Blouse $3.75 Vest $3.50

Blazer $5.00 Shirt $3.50

Slacks $4.50 Trousers $4.00

Evening Gown $7.50 Tie $2.00

Silk Blouse $5.50 Sweater $3.50

Scarf $1.50

Pressing Services

Ladies Gentlemen

Suit $3.50 Suit $3.50

Blazer $2.50 Sport Jacket $2.50

Slacks $2.25 Tuxedo Jacket $3.00

Skirt $2.50 Trousers $2.25

Blouse $2.25 Sport Shirt $1.50

Shirt $1.75 Regular Shirt $2.00

Dress $3.75 Formal Shirt $2.50

Evening Gown $4.50 Vest $1.75

Silk Blouse $2.75

Special articles of apparel such as silks, flannel trousers, woolens and other items which are difficult to clean are accepted for laundering only at owner's risk

Items marked "DRY CLEAN ONLY," should NOT be laundered

In case of loss or damage, liability is limited to ten times the prices charges for laundry/pressing of said article. Not responsible for shrinkage, fastness of colors, zippers, buttons and ornaments, or ordinary wear and tear in pressing, or anything left in pockets of garments

All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without further notice.

Does X ever offer all you can stuff in a laundry bag for a set price? We sailed on 12 day European cruises with RCI and half way through the cruise they gave offered laundry specials. It was pricey but nice.

We are going on our first X cruise next year for 15 nights.

I blame the airlines with all their price gouging weight restrictions, bag limits and bag fees. The silly games with luggage and "security" we have to play when flying are beyond insanity.

Does X ever offer all you can stuff in a laundry bag for a set price? We sailed on 12 day European cruises with RCI and half way through the cruise they gave offered laundry specials. It was pricey but nice.

We are going on our first X cruise next year for 15 nights.

I blame the airlines with all their price gouging weight restrictions, bag limits and bag fees. The silly games with luggage and "security" we have to play when flying are beyond insanity.

Yes they do. And I've found that if I roll my things very tightly I can really get a lot in the bag.

Thanks a lot for the help, CS.

Maybe it's not worth it, if the turn-around time is over a day. On a 7-day cruise, that would be hard to make it work, if your clothes are in the laundry for over 20% of your time on the cruise. You would have to bring 5 or 6 days-worth of clothes, at least.

I must be a search-function moron, because I've tried that twice and can't seem to come up with any numbers on costs.

You don;t have to wait to send it all in on the same day. What I usually do (for a Sunday to Sunday cruise) is send a few things in on Tuesday and then send a few more things in on Thursday. In my experience, if you get them to the steward in the morning they are usually back by the next evening. I know that's not what they say but so far it has always worked for me. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Can you tell me what the turnround is on pressing. I'm taking an evening dress that I'm very fond of but I know doesn't travel well. Also do I leave the dress out with a note on it or do I give it to the steward. Thanks for your help.

I was on the century in july

I had about 6 shirts cleaned and pressed and my suit cleaned as well..

My wife got her dresses pressed as well.

I had silk tommy bahama shirts and they came back excellent..

I recommend the service..

Also , about the 4th day on a 7 day cruise, they had a stuff your bag special .

Can you tell me what the turnround is on pressing. I'm taking an evening dress that I'm very fond of but I know doesn't travel well. Also do I leave the dress out with a note on it or do I give it to the steward. Thanks for your help.

We got all our stuff back the next day without a premium..

I brought the steward in our room ,showed him what I wanted and he took them away..

Archived