Pirates, Birds and monkeys of the Caribbean

swimmom32

No one has done this Excursion????

We did this excursion back in 2008. We had alot of fun and would definately do it again. If you are an animal lover you will enjoy this excursion. You get up close and personal with the birds and the monkeys. They had a baby monkey when we went and his name was Peter. He would climb all over you and take your things if you didn't watch him. He loved sunglasses and hats! lol You also get a narrated tour of Coxen Hole and the history behind the Pirate John Coxen. It was very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late, but we loved this excursion! I was not expecting to like it, since I wasn't really into the monkey idea, but we were traveling with friends who really wanted to do it.

It was such a pleasant surprise. Gumbalimba park is really nice. The guide there was terrific. If you're keen on pirates, that is a really, really small part of the tour, and barely worth mentioning on the description, in my opinion, but the monkeys and parrots, and even just walking through the park made it worthwhile. It was nice that you could return to the ship on the shuttles whenever you wanted, so if you liked you could enjoy the swimming pool, or small beach that was available.

My daughter and her husband did this tour last May and loved it. We saw their pictures and will likely do this on our next trip to Roatan.

They said there was a beach at the park which was part of this excursion that they enjoyed.

We did this excursion back in 2008. We had alot of fun and would definately do it again. If you are an animal lover you will enjoy this excursion. You get up close and personal with the birds and the monkeys. They had a baby monkey when we went and his name was Peter. He would climb all over you and take your things if you didn't watch him. He loved sunglasses and hats! lol You also get a narrated tour of Coxen Hole and the history behind the Pirate John Coxen. It was very interesting.

Would this be appropriate for 2 elderly women who are ambulatory but their mobility is limited?

Archived