Rosyth to edinburgh

corsair1

I have seen earlier posts and I am interested in learning how TRAD522 made out with transportation between Rosyth and Edinburgh. Did you take the train? If so, how did you get from the cruise ship dock to the train? Someone else also mentioned a stop called Haymarket in Edinburgh. Anything of interest there? Also, does anyone have information on the Royal Britannia? How far is the Royal Britannia dock from Edinburgh castle area?

I have seen earlier posts and I am interested in learning how TRAD522 made out with transportation between Rosyth and Edinburgh. Did you take the train? If so, how did you get from the cruise ship dock to the train? Someone else also mentioned a stop called Haymarket in Edinburgh. Anything of interest there? Also, does anyone have information on the Royal Britannia? How far is the Royal Britannia dock from Edinburgh castle area?

You should be able to take a taxi from Rosyth to Inverkeithing or North Queensferry train stations for about £5.00 and take the train into Edinburgh Haymarket or Waverley Stations.

Haymarket Station is approx 10 minutes straight walk from the West End of Princes Street and Waverley Station is at the very East End of Princes Street.

Royal Brittania is docked at Ocean Terminal shopping centre in the Leith Docks area and is approx 3 miles away from the Castle. About £10 by taxi from Edinburgh Castle. I cannot think of a direct bus to Ocean Terminal but you can walk down to Princes Street (5-10mins) and catch the 22 lothian buses bus which runs approx every 5-7 minutes and costs £1.30 per journey or £3.20 for an unlimited day ticket.

ANy other questions, hit me up with a PM or I will keep my eye on this thread.

You are better if getting the train to go to Inverkeithing Station as not all trains stop at North Queensferry, and on your return journey there are always taxis at Inverkeithing there aren't any at N Queensferry.

Thank you.

The Royal Yacht Britannia is about three miles from Edinburgh Castle.

I can't find a poster with the name TRAD522

You might be better also asking on the British Isles forum.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

Thanks. I'll give it a try. This is the first time I have used this cruise critic form. You have been a great help.

You are better if getting the train to go to Inverkeithing Station as not all trains stop at North Queensferry, and on your return journey there are always taxis at Inverkeithing there aren't any at N Queensferry.

Thank you for the info. This is our first trip to Scotland. i just happened to read about the train online. Nothing was mentioned in the HAL literature.

You should be able to take a taxi from Rosyth to Inverkeithing or North Queensferry train stations for about £5.00 and take the train into Edinburgh Haymarket or Waverley Stations.

Haymarket Station is approx 10 minutes straight walk from the West End of Princes Street and Waverley Station is at the very East End of Princes Street.

Royal Brittania is docked at Ocean Terminal shopping centre in the Leith Docks area and is approx 3 miles away from the Castle. About £10 by taxi from Edinburgh Castle. I cannot think of a direct bus to Ocean Terminal but you can walk down to Princes Street (5-10mins) and catch the 22 lothian buses bus which runs approx every 5-7 minutes and costs £1.30 per journey or £3.20 for an unlimited day ticket.

Thank you for the great info. This is our first trip to Scotland and we are anxious to see as much as we can.

Thanks again.

Thank you for the great info. This is our first trip to Scotland and we are anxious to see as much as we can.

If you get off the train at Waverley Station, when you come out, you cannot fail to see the tourist buses - the hop on hop off variety that you get in every country. Some of these buses go down to Ocean Terminal where you will be able to go and see Britannia and you'll also get to see some other parts of Edinburgh on the way that you wouldn't see in a taxi.

If you get off the train at Waverley Station, when you come out, you cannot fail to see the tourist buses - the hop on hop off variety that you get in every country. Some of these buses go down to Ocean Terminal where you will be able to go and see Britannia and you'll also get to see some other parts of Edinburgh on the way that you wouldn't see in a taxi.

Website can be found here with all the information about the various bus routes (including the Brittania/Ocean Terminal bus):

http://www.edinburghtour.com/

Archived