Jewel of the Sea/Radiance class main dinning room seating chart?

All,

Just booked our first Royal cruise, Jewel of the Seas, Sept 12, 2005 out of Boston...

Anyone know where I can find/view a main dinning room seating chart/diagram for the Jewel or Radiance class ship???

Thanks,

Filosofe

HAL Zaandam 2004

Celebrity Mercury 2003

Celebrity Millennium 2002

Celebrity Summit 2002

HAL Maasdam 2001

HAL Veendam 1999

NCL Norway 1996

Sitmar Fairsky 1985

Don't know if one is publicly available. If it were, you'd probably have a hard time getting what you want. Here is our experience on the Brilliance: we requested a small table (4 or 2 top). One of the first things we did when we boarded was run to the dining room to see where our table was. Guess what? It was a table for ten! We met very similar couples at that table (404). And all great people. (Hey, any 1/3/05 Brilliance table 404 cruisers still out there?) Some how, by luck or intention, we were tabled with C&A members, about our same age, and located pretty much on the same deck. We had a great time with them on deck, in port, and where ever we met! Don't worry too much about this. Get a big table. You'll meet a lotta nice people. Thanks, RCL, you did a great job with our table assignment.

All,

Just booked our first Royal cruise, Jewel of the Seas, Sept 12, 2005 out of Boston...

Anyone know where I can find/view a main dinning room seating chart/diagram for the Jewel or Radiance class ship???

Thanks,

Filosofe

Never saw something like this anywhere, however good luck with searching.

However I second Pumbaand´s post. Choose a large table and you´ll get to meet great people. I was always pretty lucky with my tablemates and I´m still in touch with many of them. It´s a really great opportunity to make friends. And to add one more thing I never had a bad located table. Maybe it´s because I´m easy to please but even once when we had a table right at the end of the dining room next to the kitchen door, it was still great. What counts to me most is nice tablemates, good conversation and great service from the wait team. Enjoy your cruise, the Jewle is a great ship.

madforcruising, Pumbaamd

We usually sit with a large table.

Even sat at the Captain's Table our last Celebrity cruise (Mercury. That was an EXPERIENCE! ). This cruse, we would perfer a 2 top.

Having never sailed with RCCL, we just wanted to check out the table arrangement in the dinning room.

SteveM

HAL Zaandam 2004

Celebrity Mercury 2003

Celebrity Millennium 2002

Celebrity Summit 2002

HAL Maasdam 2001

HAL Veendam 1999

NCL Norway 1996

Sitmar Fairsky 1985

Being A Veteran Of Over 20 Cruises I Can Tell You The Following About Dining Room Table Arrangements . They Are Different From Ship To Ship In The Same Class Of Ship . They Are Even Different From Month To Month On The Same Ship - - Why ? The Arrangement Of The Tables Is Strictly Left To The Discretion Of The Hotel Manager And I Presume The Head Matre'd . They Have Sole Discretion And Power As To How Their Dining Room Is To Be Run And Arranged.

On our recent Brilliance cruise, the first night in the dining room I didn't see any two tops. Of course, I didn't scour the whole dining room, it's huge. The second night it seemed as if several two tops appeared, next to pillars, stuck in corners, etc. I can only guess that those people, after the first night, requested two tops after not really liking their original table. If you don't get a two top at first, try, try again.

Archived