Things to do: Martini wine tasting, tea, tours

echo

Yes I've cruised a good bit, but I think I miss some activities sometimes. Tell me about the tours , tastings etc... that you done. Whether they were free or not.

Here are a few things I want to know about wine tastings, pairings, gallery tours, crew tours,spa tours... anything else?

We did the wine tasting on the Glory in Feb 2011.As a level 2 wine expert that was of particular interest to me..We had 5 wines to try for 15.00 pp.. with all the parings.. the glass were repeatedly refilled so you get your money's worth plus it is just very nice social event and a chance to try some different wines from different verital regions of the world..You can sign up right as you embark at the reservations only dining room table for go up the private dining room later but be forwarned.. it fills up fast..I will be doing another tasting on the Breeze Nov 24 2012 sailing..Cheers/Salut'

Yes the Behind the Scenes tour is nice but not free, somewhere around $95.

The galley tour, if they offer one is quick but it is kind of neat to see how it is all done behind the scenes, that would be free.

The martini, wine or margarita tastings, I have scene different ones are never free but usually you get your monies worth if you like that kind of thing. Hubby did the martini tasting with me but didn't really drink much as he doesn't really like strong drinks like that so he didn't get his monies worth but I drank his too and got pretty tipsy on that tour. Certain nights they will have a free liquor tasting at the shops...this can be pretty good to start the night off but it gets BUSY! Also, try to see if you can be one of the judges in the mixology contest, that will get you some free drinks...

Spa tours are free but they just show you the spa, you don't get anything for it...maybe a coupon but still overpriced IMHO...

Crew tours don't happen, this is their area and not for display. You will see a bit of the crew areas on the Behind the Scene tours but that is about it...

Yes I've cruised a good bit, but I think I miss some activities sometimes. Tell me about the tours , tastings etc... that you done. Whether they were free or not.

Here are a few things I want to know about wine tastings, pairings, gallery tours, crew tours,spa tours... anything else?

We went on a tour of the galley as part of our Chef's Table experience - that was $75/pp and included an 9 course dinner (3 different appetizers, 5 entrees, and 1 dessert); went on a complimentary spa tour that was included with our Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on Magic a couple of months ago; passengers are not allowed in the Crew area - the only way to see that is as part of the "Behind the Scenes" Tour ($95/person for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours); they will sometimes have Tequila, Martini, and Margarita tastings at various times during the cruise - I believe they are $15 for about 5 different 2 ounce pours; have not experienced the wine tasting/pairings that they offer at the Steakhouse - I believe that is complimentary and usually fills up FAST!.

Hope this help out!

eta: I've done "Tea Time" on a bunch of ships - usually around 3:00pm while at sea and listed in the Fun Times. You get a selection of teas (both regular and herbal/decaf), tastes of cucumber sandwich, chicken salad on a croissant, scones with devonshire cream (YUM!), and a choice of desserts. I've never left full from that and usually causes my husband and I to go to dinner around 8pm *LOL*

We have done the wine tasting several times & they did not refill our glass. If you are not familiar with wine it is very instructive, but it is really just the basic stuff. It is done with the lower tier wine, but again if you are not really into wine they are very good. I think the cost was $10pp & you taste 5 wines at around a 2oz pour, so you get get a glass of wine, plus some fruit & cheese, not really food pairings. The time is enjoyable, but don't think you are going to get a lot of wine.

Archived