New Souv. cups??

dolphiness

refills are 6.75 plus 15%

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

are these advertised? or jsut look for them?

I googled it and this is what I found. Link below. I do know, that on my last (and first) cruise that I didn't know you could refill for a dollar cheaper. I didn't see it advertized anywhere...So many dollars could have been saved haha.I felt like when I went it was $6.95 for the DOD, that's why I thought refils were $5.95. Could be wrong...or just wishful thinking :rolleyes:

Unfortunately my source is prob dated :mad:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=813

Edited by gunther619

You guys are killing me!!!

We got the Monkeyhead on our last cruise and have it in our patio. On this trip I was planning on getting the Whale Tail to put on my desk at work to make everyone around me jealous.

Now comes two new one's I'll HAVE to get as well!!!!

You see, I'm a child of the 70's (well really a teen of the 70's and disco was totally my thing) so I'll have to have the ball.

As to the fish...the mascot of the Sister City I work for is the Fuku Fish or Blowfish....so of course I'll have to get that one as well to place in our display case!!!

What day of a 7 day cruise do they normally bring out the blowfish? Is it embarkation day, the 1st sea day, you're 1st full day onboard, what? Also, what time of day do they normally bring them out? If they have any left, do they bring them out more than 1 day (or more than 1 spot on the ship)? If they sell out that fast, I'm trying to plan the exact moment I have to make my apperance on the Lido Deck (and I don't care if it's 6am haha)!!!! :D :D

Thanks!! :D :D

What day of a 7 day cruise do they normally bring out the blowfish? Is it embarkation day, the 1st sea day, you're 1st full day onboard, what? Also, what time of day do they normally bring them out? If they have any left, do they bring them out more than 1 day (or more than 1 spot on the ship)? If they sell out that fast, I'm trying to plan the exact moment I have to make my apperance on the Lido Deck (and I don't care if it's 6am haha)!!!! :D :D

I am totally with you Avril! I want my cups!!! :p

All I want is a Whale Tail. I never saw them on my either of our Carnival cruises so I guess I need the basic,

"How To Get A Carnival Cup, 101, " or 'How To Get A Cup For Dummies."

Please tell me what to do, where to go etc. for a Whale Tail on my Glory cruise on Oct. 16. Thanks !

All I want is a Whale Tail. I never saw them on my either of our Carnival cruises so I guess I need the basic,

"How To Get A Carnival Cup, 101, " or 'How To Get A Cup For Dummies."

Please tell me what to do, where to go etc. for a Whale Tail on my Glory cruise on Oct. 16. Thanks !

Delta Dear, we got our Whale Tail cup on Carnival Glory in May 2010. We were on and Eastern Caribbean cruise and they were the DOD on our first sea day, which was a Tuesday (cruise was Sunday to Sunday). I don't know if this changes from cruise to cruise though. We were up on Deck 10, above the Lido deck and they were bringing them around on trays. It was only 10:30-11AM, but I just HAD to have one.

If it's a sea day, I'd go up to one of the Lido Bars, kind of early, and ask one of the bartenders. In case they are available on a port day, you might have luck going to one of the Lido Bars before getting off the ship or right after getting back on. We also wanted our Monkey Heads (we didn't know about the Whale Tail cups yet) so we asked one of the Lido bartenders the first day of our cruise (shortly after boarding) if he knew what day they'd have them, he told us "Thursday" and sure enough, it was Thursday. You may even be able to get them anytime now. Good luck, I hope you are able to get one and I hope you have a great time on your upcoming Glory cruise.

Yes, I'm quoteing myself, haha!! :D

So, does anyone know the answer to this question (see quote)?

Thanks!! :D

• 5 weeks later...
Here's what the Monkeyhead looks like. I LOVE the fish - I need to go on another cruise so I can get one. :)

DSCF0337.jpg

I totally want these ones! I could see myself using these @ home! :)

However, as one of the posts above states- they had them available on Lido on Thursday.. we get back into home port on Thursday as we are on a 5 day cruise. Oh, I sure hope they have them available during our cruise :(

Edited by chicy724

We got our Whale Tale cup in 2007 on the Carnival Liberty. IMHO the Disco Ball and the Fish Head look totally ridiciously. Sorry Guys.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks they are silly looking LOL. I'm trying to imagine holding it, looks like it would be awkward. And then I wouldn't know what to do with at home. Would fill the entire cupboard hahaha.

The caps are mentioned in the fun times on the little pullout section where they list the drink of the day and the mixologist drink and the food hours...

At least you can see the night before when the towel animals deliver the papers

The shot glasses in the comedy club are very nice. They also had light up (plastic) shot glasses during the late night deck party...

I totally want these ones! I could see myself using these @ home! :)

However, as one of the posts above states- they had them available on Lido on Thursday.. we get back into home port on Thursday as we are on a 5 day cruise. Oh, I sure hope they have them available during our cruise :(

Don't give up hope. :) I'm sure it changes from cruise to cruise and ship to ship. I read a review last year of a shorter (4 or 5 day) cruise and it was mentioned that they were serving drinks in the monkey heads at Half Moon Cay. I would really be surprised if they didn't have them. They do charge $15.00 each, so it's definitely a money maker for Carnival. I don't mind the price, where else are you going to get something like that? BTY, I use mine here at home. :)