Heat Rash Anyone?

QuitMyDayJob

Ok, I really did a pretty thorough search to see if anyone had asked this before, and all I could find were posts related to sunburn.

I apologize in advance if there is another thread on this topic...

Has anyone ever suffered from or known anyone who's suffered from heat rash, especially under their arms while on a Caribbean cruise? I know that sounds kind of dumb, but on my last cruise I developed a bad, raised rash under my armpits (I know this may be too much information:eek: ) and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this or any advice. I wasn't in the pool, so it's not a reaction to chlorine. I do imagine it was like a heat rash, although I live in a hot climate where it gets over 100 regularly and I've never experienced anything like this.

I'm sailing again soon, and thought someone here might have the answer. Thanks in advance!

Please...this may also be too much info....not trying to offend anyone or gross them out.

I have a large...ummmm chest....I sweat also....I tend to get yeast infections where I sweat ( if you get my drift...under the gals"....Before anyone thinks OMG just wash. I will tell you I shower one to two times a day, use deororant and consider myself to be a clean person. For some reason my body chemistry and the warm moist environment breed this kind of thing.

I carry lotrimin lotion with me when I know I am going to sweat like that.I also put antiperspirant under my ummm gals....

Another thing to consider is the sea lice. Did you go in the ocean? I got a raised itchy rash on my stomach where my suit rubbed. I was told it was sea lice. It went away within a few days.

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I was hoping someone would respond! I'm so sorry you had this problem, but it is really helpful to me!!

When I tried to search a medical help website, it suggested hydrocortisone cream. But a pharmacist suggested a powder with the same active ingredient as Lotrimin. I think I'll bring both. As for sea lice--I was in the ocean...I'll consider that too.

I know this isn't as interesting a thread as some of the others, but it is SO important to me--so thanks again for posting.

There is a product you can buy from a dive shop called "safe sea" that is supposed to prevent sea lice.

I used Gold Bond powder one time before I knew what I had was yeast and I think it just fed it. There is nothing more miserable than itching and sweating and getting a rash. I have even considered having a reduction to help with this and other back problems.

I used to have a problem with the yeast infection under the girls too. When I went on a low carb diet, the problem went away. Even now that I eat carbs again (but in moderation) I no longer have the problem.

Not sure if cutting down a bit on the carbs is an option for you, but it's a lot easier than surgery!

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering that also. I have cut dramatically down on my carbs in an effor to lost weight...not at the Atkins extreme yet, but I really try to watch what I eat. So far down 15 lbs so I am pretty pleased. I was thinking that would help. I heard high sugar also feeds yeast.

The reduction was in ralation mostly to the neck and shoulder probs I have cuz of their size. My ortho doc even said he would push the paperwork thru to my insurance co and he knew how to word things so that they would pay for it.

I saw that operation once on TLC and it was nasty though....

Archived