POA Aft Balconies?

lsane2

We're thinking of booking a cruise on the Pride of America next summer and I'm going back and forth on which type of balcony cabin to book.

Are there any disadvantages to an aft balcony? Vents, noise, odors? We'll be booking two cabins and would like to get them next to each other so I've also looked at the family balconies.

Are the family balconies connected through a door within the room or only the balconies? I couldn't tell from the floorplans on their website. We've sailed Princess a couple of times, and I'm not familiar with NCL.

Anything else I should consider before booking?

Thanks!

We were in Family Suite 8702, and it connected inside the cabin to 8704, which is a regular balcony. Here's a picture of the area between the sofa and the bathroom where the door to 8704 is.

We LOVE this cabin. The balcony is out of this world. I would say that there is no disadvantage to these cabins at all.

24dhrat.jpg

2r4imag.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I'm kind of leaning towards the aft family suite. That balcony looks nice!

Does the square footage listed on the deck plans include the balcony? It looks like the only difference between the regular balcony cabins and the large balcony cabins (178 sq ft vs. 233 sq ft) is balcony size.

Yes, sq footage listed includes the balconies. We were in 9204. LOVED it! the 100 sq foot balcony made the room! Didn't even mind that the room was small when you could spread out on the two loungers on the balcony.

As far as the aft, that's our preferred location on the ship. Love the view of the wake when under way. It's more private (less foot traffic), less wind, and for Hawaii, a pleasant view of the harbor in most ports (which are industrial by and large). The only scents we've experienced is fresh bread baking in the morning.;)

Archived