Age for Adult Only Area??

chach123

If you can die for your country at the age of 18-then 18 is an adult. Too bad most business think if you can drink booze, you are an adult.

If they want people to act adult, they should probably stop serving booze in large quantities.

Id love to share my adult only area with our troops.18 is an adult in my book(dont know if still 17 with parental consent)

Geez. If they were there with their teens then understandably the teens needed to be asked to leave. Parents were in the wrong if this is how it went down. Seems the teens might have been welcome and the parents that were cursing should have left LOL :rolleyes:

On the Ecstasy in May the Serenity area was packed during the day and they did check after several people complained that the seats were taken by those underage. I saw them ask several people to leave. Some teens were there with their parents and the parents got into it with the attendent. He called Security. It was not pretty, nor was it serene with the parents cursing out Security. Best not to put yourself in that situation. There are plenty of other quiet areas.

According to some of the other posts I have been reading on this forum, there is no age requirement for anything on Carnival because the parents have paid the same amount for their perfect kids to cruise, the kids have equal rights and deserve their vacation and - most importantly - nobody, no time, no how is ever going to tell their child they cannot be someplace they want to be. Just saying...

:rolleyes:

According to some of the other posts I have been reading on this forum, there is no age requirement for anything on Carnival because the parents have paid the same amount for their perfect kids to cruise, the kids have equal rights and deserve their vacation and - most importantly - nobody, no time, no how is ever going to tell their child they cannot be someplace they want to be. Just saying...

pointless post:p:rolleyes:

Glad someone brought up the military point. I was reading the first few posts and thinking the EXACT SAME THING!!!!!!

When I was 20 I was in the military, had a baby and was raising my husbands 3 year old nephew....

Pretty sure I was as grown as it gets. Period.

OP....enjoy the serenity deck.:D

I think ANYONE who is behaving badly should get the boot. Not just 18-21 as an example!

I'd be interested in seeing the post where someone said there is no age requirement for anything?

There should be an exception to use the Serenity areas for our troops. Carnival should have a special decal for our military members. If anyone needs peace and quiet, they do.

Absolutely. This is a great idea. I think they should also at least get the same perks as platinum VIP.

I think you need to take a reading comprehension class because no poster said their children were perfect. Nor did they say that they should be allowed in the Serenity area.

Oh and btw, my child behaves a lot better than you do.

It is called hyperbole. Look it up if you own a dictionary.

Since you do not know me and have never met me, it is ridiculous for you to make judgement calls about my behavior. I am sure your child behaves just as sweetly as you. :p;)

@ Andoria:

"The parents might think their kids have the right to only go in the adult only section but they'd be wrong. I'm looking forward to a few kid free moments and I'll be getting them! "

I believe that was your quote on another thread. So it seems you acknowledge that some people appear to think children can be in the adult only areas. So why so hostile? It would seem that we both have reading comprehension adequate enough to also read between the lines.

I wish you happy times and wonderful memories with your son and your boyfriend on your upcoming cruise.

@ Andoria:

"The parents might think their kids have the right to only go in the adult only section but they'd be wrong. I'm looking forward to a few kid free moments and I'll be getting them! "

I believe that was your quote on another thread. So it seems you acknowledge that some people appear to think children can be in the adult only areas. So why so hostile? It would seem that we both have reading comprehension adequate enough to also read between the lines.

I wish you happy times and wonderful memories with your son and your boyfriend on your upcoming cruise.

I was commenting on a Youtube video.

In any event I don't mean to come across as hostile. I have the pre-trip jitters. My apologies.

No problem. Lord knows we all have those days.

I was sincere in hoping that your cruise is all you wish for it to be. We all have to wait too long between cruises to have anything spoil our good time.

Let me know if you enjoy a DOD in the Serenity area! ;)

There are countless posts on this forum from parents who think their children should have equal rights/privileges/access - whatever - since they pay the same and deserve their vacations also. Usually in response to someone else's post about their unhappiness with unruly and unsupervised children, even in adult-only areas.

The most recent one I recall that aludes to this rubbish:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1460628

The result is usually a circular conversation between the parents of always perfectly-behaved children pointing to equally unruly adults who break the rules and the opposing side of people wanting some peace and quiet listing specific examples of inappropriate behavior from children like jumping into hot tubs or snorkling in hot tubs... yada, yada, yada. Yawn...........

Just out of curiosity I was wondering judging by some of your posts your not a big fan of kids are you? Let me clear up a few things for you about my kids and my wife and I. I am not perfect neither are my kids. Will they be in the adult areas. No not once they dont belong there. If my kids become bothersome they will be removed from the situation. I do believe my kids deserve their vacation. I did pay for them to go. Have a good cruise. :D

Just had to comment on this thread!

Most places in the world you are legaly classed as an adult at 18 years of age and although the legal drinking age in most of the United states is 21 surly people between the ages of 18 and 21 are classed as young adults by older adults?

In Australia most young adults are through with binge drinking by the time they reach 21 as they have been allowed legal access to "all things" adult for 3 years already!

Not criticizing your laws but

I cant believe a 20 year old or even an 18 year old would be expected "by some" to give up a lounge chair in an adult only area for somebody 21 or older:confused:

Den (Australia)

Archived