Grandeur of the Seas and Irons on Board

OK everyone....hubby keeps asking me if irons and ironing boards are in the Junior Suites, or if you can request one OR can you bring a portable iron and request an ironing board...I told him the Boards know everything and I will ask...

We are cruising in two weeks - April 9th - out of New Orleans and it can't come soon enough...except I am still trying to decide what to bring and what to leave home....I always bring too much stuff!!!! So if we can leave the portable iron home...YAYAYAYAY!

Thanks everyone and Happy Cruising!

Oh, boy. Be prepared for a deluge of responses about fire danger, wattage issues, and Downy Wrinkle Release! :)

I think it's pretty funny how quickly some posters will mention that irons are not allowed and that they will be confiscated. We cruise at least once a year and have never been told by any security guard or cabin steward that our iron was not allowed onboard. We make no attempt to hide it. We pack it in one of our carry-on bags and the guards at the x-ray station always open our bag, see the iron, and then zip it back up and send us on our way. In the cabin we leave it on the dresser (unplugged of course) and the cabin stewards never even mention it. We did this on our Grandeur cruise last year and had no problem whatsoever. By the way, we also carry a bottle od Downy Wrinkle Release!

Don't anyone yell at me...it is all hubby...he is anal about ironing! I brought Downy Wrinkle on our last cruise...was unimpressed...wouldn't bring it again.

Frankly, I am not into ironing when I cruise and his clothes are already ironed. He just wants to touch up his formal shirts...

I am aware of the fire hazard, and even mentioned that to hubby when he brought it up, but I thought I would ask anyhow...

Thanks for responding...NannyJan

PS Can anyone tell me or direct me as to where I can find just what is included in a Junior Suite? For example, robes, CD player, any concierge services...had all this on Explorer, but we were in a bigger Suite, I think!

Concierge lounge access is not available to folks staying in Junior Suites unless they are Diamond or Diamond Plus members of C&A. Robes are available in all staterooms for Platinum or above members. No CDs. We had a Junior Suite on Jewel of the Seas last October and enjoyed the larger room and especially the larger bathroom with tub. In fact, we liked it so much we have booked the same room for our Transatlantic next August.

Enjoy your cruise.

NannyJan, my reply was totally in jest! I had posted some things that might or might not be helpful a few days ago and one of them was about the iron...we had brought one and it came in handy once or twice. But anyway, when I posted it, I had no idea how controversial the subject is! Have a great cruise!:)

Hello, NannyJan!! I was beginning to wonder if my husband, my two sisters and I were going to be on the 4-9 sailing of the Grandeur alone! We're from Oklahoma. This will be our fifth sailing on the Grandeur. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

My husband and I are going on 4/9, and we thought the ship was empty due to the lack of postings. My husband also likes to iron, and we have had the ship provide an iron and board on the first night, however the ship laundry is so cheep, I now use this service. I have even had my cloths cleaned before we get off the ship so there is nothing to do when we get home (much cheeper dry cleaning then at home. However if your husband likes it, I can send him our ironing LOL. Jane and Jerry. PS do we have a party or not, I see 20 have signed up?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived