Honolulu Airport Shuttle?

albertamom

I am making myself crazy trying to find a shuttle company that offers shuttle service from the Honolulu airport to our Waikiki hotel, to the pier, and back to the airport.

Roberts offers 12:30 as the earliest pick-up time from our hotel to the pier (with an 11:00 check-out time, that won't work). Hawaii23 doesn't offer service from the pier to the airport. These two seem to have the most (and best) reviews here on Cruise Critic.

We are a family of 4, with plenty of luggage. I am a big planner, and don't think that I want to "wing it" trying to find a taxi that will accommodate all of us and our luggage on the spur of the moment. I would much rather have it all organized ahead of time.

Any suggestions?:)

• 2 weeks later...

Contact Mark at Hawaii23.com. He will transport all 4 of you in a van with all your luggage for under $30. He picked us up at the airport and took us to the pier (4 of us) for about $24 then picked us up from our hotel in Waikiki and took us to the airport for $29. We were the only ones in his van and it was all pre-arranged with him in advance.

http://www.hawaii23.com

Contact Mark at Hawaii23.com. He will transport all 4 of you in a van with all your luggage for under $30. He picked us up at the airport and took us to the pier (4 of us) for about $24 then picked us up from our hotel in Waikiki and took us to the airport for $29. We were the only ones in his van and it was all pre-arranged with him in advance.

http://www.hawaii23.com

Unfortunately, I have sent an email twice with no reply. I get the automated reply immediately that says they have received my email and will respond shortly and so far, no other response. :(

I really wanted to use them but others on my cruise have already gotten a response so I guess they are booked???? :confused::confused:

I wholeheartedly agree with all those who recommended VIP. They transported us from airport to hotel, hotel to pier, pier to hotel and hotel to airport. They were always on time and the drivers were pleasant. There was plenty of room for luggage, whether in a smaller 8 person van or a full-sized bus (used from pier to hotel).

Our arrangements were made through our travel agent, who somehow booked VIP through Diamond Head Vacations (their contact in the islands maybe?). While Diamond Head was a nightmare (for example, dictating to me what time I wanted to be picked up to go to the pier, which was actually 2 hours later than I really wanted to be picked up, and refusing to change the time when I called), I then called VIP directly, explained the situation and was immediately accommodated. They were wonderful! (Diamond Head Vacations also messed up the arrangements for my daughter to join us a day later than we arrived and were worthless when I called to try to rectify things. I called VIP directly, after hours on a Sunday, and even in this situation, VIP made everything ok.) I would definitely use them again!

That doesn't sound like Mark to not get back to you. I found him very responsive. Did you try calling his number? He has others in his circle of workers so if he's busy, he will have someone else pick you up so I doubt that it is because he is booked solid.

Just found out that someone else on our cruise had the same problem. Sent Mark another email asking what was going on.... got back an email saying they had gotten an extraordinary amount of emails and were trying to book them. He said he was addressing the ones needing transportation the soonest and should get to ours by next week. At least now I know what is happening! :)

Thanks! I will give him a call if I don't hear by next week...

Do you have to prepay by credit card? I have fears of being charged for a service, then them not showing up when we need them.:confused:

For Hawaii23, you don't prepay. You schedule online so he has the information then he will send you an email confirmation. You are supposed to contact him about a week before your travel dates so he can make sure he's got you where you belong on his schedule. I programmed his number in my cell phone so as soon as I was in baggage claim, I called him and he told me where to meet him.

Just found out that someone else on our cruise had the same problem. Sent Mark another email asking what was going on.... got back an email saying they had gotten an extraordinary amount of emails and were trying to book them. He said he was addressing the ones needing transportation the soonest and should get to ours by next week. At least now I know what is happening! :)

Thanks! I will give him a call if I don't hear by next week...

I'm glad you reached him. It sure didn't sound like him to not respond. He was very good in communicating with us.

For Hawaii23, you don't prepay. You schedule online so he has the information then he will send you an email confirmation. You are supposed to contact him about a week before your travel dates so he can make sure he's got you where you belong on his schedule. I programmed his number in my cell phone so as soon as I was in baggage claim, I called him and he told me where to meet him.

Thanks for the info, AZ Karaoke Girl. :)

Do you know if Hawaii23 also does pick-up from hotel to pier? or pier to airport?

I have to drop off my car at the airport the afternoon of the cruise. Since I'm doing Pearl Harbor, I"m not sure what time I'll be at the airport to drop it off. What would be the best way to get transportation from airport to pier - not knowing what time I would need to be picked up?

THANK YOU ALL !!!

It depends on what airline you come in. It won't be far. We came in on Hawaiian airlines and he was parked near the ramada outside baggage claim. You tell him what flight you are coming in on and he tracks the flight to make sure he's there for you. For us, our flight arrived about 15 minutes early and he didn't realize it so he was about 10 minutes away. So we did have to wait a couple minutes for him but wasn't a big deal at all.

Archived