Question on Coffee Card / Drink card: Diamond Princess

rayliang

hi guys

I thought I understood the whole beverage situation onboard Diamond Princess, but then I guess i don't.

Can anyone explain what kind of beverage options in general is available on Diamond Princess? What's covered already by our fares? what drinks would i need to spend money on?

Tap water, coffee at meals made from coffee syrup, juice at breakfast, and iced tea and lemonade are free. With the coffee card you get punches (somewhere around 20) that can be used for expresso and you can get brewed coffee at the coffee bars. With the coke card you get unlimited fountain coke and diet coke. With the kids card, you get unlimited coke products, root beer, milkshakes, juice anytime, and the fancy non-alcoholic mocktails and smoothies (more like Slushees).

You always have to pay for canned coke. I don't drink sprite, but I think it only comes in cans. Hot chocolate is included on the coffee card and the kids card. You never get fresh-squeezed oj with any of the cards.

I get one of each. The coffee card can be shared as it's just a punch card. I really like the mocktails, especially the tropical blend, which is oj, passion fruit juice, and a banana blended and can drink several a day, so it's totally worth it for me. I hang out at the coffee bar a lot, so I give the bartender a nice tip on the second or third day and then go back to that bartender on a regular basis.

One final note - the waiter will ask if you want sparkling or still water at meals. The correct answer is "tap" as otherwise you will be brought an expensive bottle of water.

The coffee card is about $33 total and has 15 punches for specialty coffees. If you don't use all the punches, you can save it for your next cruise. My card has been on 2 cruises now, and still has a few punches left. There is a coupon in the "passport to savings" booklet in your room that gets you a free thermal mug with the coffee card purchase.

Archived