Any cruise lines Depart from US port to Seward or Anchorage Alaska

Maeshel

Facilities vary on the Alaska ferries, but most have private cabins with bath available. Food service varies from a deli/cafeteria to a sit-down restaurant on a couple of boats.

But no "formal nights." :-)

Just don't trip over the passengers who have set up tents for camping on various decks.;) If I was in college or my early 20s, I'd think that a great adventure. These days, we'd take an window cabin with full facilities and bed linens. No steward service, no chocolates, no towel animals, but that's no problem as we're pretty self sufficient.

beachchick

Just don't trip over the passengers who have set up tents for camping on various decks.;) If I was in college or my early 20s, I'd think that a great adventure. These days, we'd take an window cabin with full facilities and bed linens. No steward service, no chocolates, no towel animals, but that's no problem as we're pretty self sufficient.

beachchick

Back in MY 20's, I did take the Alaska Marine Highway from Haines to Prince Rupert. Although we had a berth (4 bunkbeds) we actually slept outdoors on the loungers. The reason. Really, Really, really poor air circulation in the berth. But it was a decent trip. And in the summer, with the sun going down about 10:30 PM and rising about 3:00AM, we did not want to miss any of the scenery. Great trip, but I was so tired at the end of the total trip from not getting enough sleep.

Archived