has anyone ever rented the private oasis at half moon cay?

turbot72lou

I was looking through the excursions and saw this and thought it would be great to do.

We had this all booked--great location of the cabana and so excited. The Captain could not anchor due to rough seas (you are tendered onto the Island) so we never got to go. But, I heard they are awesome!!! I would highly suggest you do it. You can't book on line and those 10 cabanas go fast!! Good luck....

A group rented it on one of our cruises. I think it came out to a little over $100 pp. We didn't join in, but looked like a lot of fun. You could ask on your rollcall if there are others interested, but be sure to book well in advance if you want it.

I was looking through the excursions and saw this and thought it would be great to do.

:D. 12 of us who met on our Roll Call for the 4/21/2010 Miracle cruise did it! & it was fabulous! What would you like to know?

A group rented it on one of our cruises. I think it came out to a little over $100 pp. We didn't join in, but looked like a lot of fun. You could ask on your rollcall if there are others interested, but be sure to book well in advance if you want it.

You can't book it in advance or online. You have to book it at the excusion desk when you board the ship. HAL cruisers can book it online, but unless they've changed their policy, Carnival cruisers can't. :(.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
You can't book it in advance or online. You have to book it at the excusion desk when you board the ship. HAL cruisers can book it online, but unless they've changed their policy, Carnival cruisers can't. :(.

Sure you can, it's listed on the excursion page linked to your booked cruise. We had the option on our past Miracle cruise, but didn't have enough people.

Sure you can, it's listed on the excursion page linked to your booked cruise. We had the option on our past Miracle cruise, but didn't have enough people.

Well then they've changed their policy, because I can assure you we could NOT do that in 2010! Not only could one not book the Private Oasis except in person, but those wishing to book the regular cabanas had to do that in person as well.

As we were approaching our cruise date in 2010 there were several threads here on that subject (booking cabanas at the excusuin desk on board)...with commentary about how quickly the cabanas were gone.

Yes...the policy has changed.

You can now book online.

Well that's good to hear! Last year, once we had all agreed that we wanted to do this...then we were worried that someone would book it before us :eek:!

We all agreed that whoever got there first would book it. I made it my mission to get there before any other potential group. I live only about an hour away from the port, so we got there extra early, we had VIP boarding anyway...and we boarded immediately after a wedding party. I went directly to the excursion desk & booked it!

Some photos from our day at the PO. The guy in the last photo was our bartender. Additional PO personnel included a chef, a hostess and security.

[attach]203288[/attach]

[attach]203289[/attach]

[attach]203291[/attach]

[attach]203292[/attach]

[attach]203294[/attach]

wow. That looks awesome. When I first clicked on this thread I thought it was just going to be a little gazebo area.

our group of 13 booked it last may on our fascination cruise. Came out to 120pp(we took extra to cover gratuities) IT WAS FABULOUS!!!!! they had stopped by our group table the night before to find out what kind of drinks we liked, and what brand of beer. we had open bar, private bartender, personal chef, caban boy and life guard at our disposal. the chef asked us wht time we wanted lunch and personally cooked ourfood that he had been marinating . we had fresh fruit, salsa, chips, guacamole, salads, ... omg soo much food. staff ledt about 3, and left a case of beer a case of soda and bottled water and about a dozen frozen drinks for us. we left an hr later and took the beer and soda with us for the next day. the area we had was HUGE!. table for 8, bar that could hold 8, private hot tub, private beach, loungers, a huge hammock. I have been on 10 cruises and this was the BEST EVER day . now ima spoiled(heheeheh)

if you have a group, it is def worth it. and yes, you can book online, we did|!

baf

I booked ....it online for our upcoming cruise and can't wait! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Great! I'm happy you & your group got it...have a fabulous cruise & a memorable day in HMC!

We had it two years ago on the Miracle and although we enjoyed it we would have loved it a whole lot more if it was not a monsoon that day. When we returned to HMC this past May we rented a regular cabana (there were 8 of the 14 from the prior year. We agreed for the cost savings we would go regular cabana in the future.

I booked ....it online for our upcoming cruise and can't wait! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

I'm glad you saw the pictures, Gail! So decadent :p I'm right behind you on the "can't wait" business!!:D

our group of 13 booked it last may on our fascination cruise. Came out to 120pp(we took extra to cover gratuities) IT WAS FABULOUS!!!!! they had stopped by our group table the night before to find out what kind of drinks we liked, and what brand of beer. we had open bar, private bartender, personal chef, caban boy and life guard at our disposal. the chef asked us wht time we wanted lunch and personally cooked ourfood that he had been marinating . we had fresh fruit, salsa, chips, guacamole, salads, ... omg soo much food. staff ledt about 3, and left a case of beer a case of soda and bottled water and about a dozen frozen drinks for us. we left an hr later and took the beer and soda with us for the next day. the area we had was HUGE!. table for 8, bar that could hold 8, private hot tub, private beach, loungers, a huge hammock. I have been on 10 cruises and this was the BEST EVER day . now ima spoiled(heheeheh)

if you have a group, it is def worth it. and yes, you can book online, we did|!

baf

Thanks for such an enthusiastic post! Makes me all the more excited about getting there in March!!:)

Archived