Just Got A Call from the UpGrade Fairy...I jumped on it..well almost..

CaptivaTravler

Traveling on the Dream 9/3/11 ... have 2 cabins booked since April this year, 1 balcony and 1 interior cabin across the hall for our 4 teenagers. Was already getting pretty psyched as we got within our 21 day countdown window!

But then yesterday, recieved a phone call from Carnival during a business meeting i was in.... which always seems to catch me off guard, like something has gone wrong and they decided to postpone our departure date or cancel our itinerary or something :-P.

But I quickly learned that we were being offered an upgrade on our interior room to another balcony! Better yet, after a few moments on the phone, they asked if we wanted to have our balcony rooms side by side or even adjoining if we preferred....So Awesome! All for the grand total of $280 total out the door! DOUBLE Awesome!!

Here's were the ..."Well Almost" part comes in.

As I said, I received the phone call out of the blue while in a meeting, and even though I deff wanted to jump at the upgade, I wasnt prepared to make a payment at that moment. So the agent gave me all the info...her name/extension number etc... that I promptly wrote down on some papers that I was using in the current meeting I was in.

About an hour and half later when I was thru with my meeting, the paper with all the neccessary upgrade info and numbers was NOWHERE to be found. After searching frantically for about 1/2 hour i decided to just call Carnival to see if any notes or ext # may have been left on my file. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

I was informed that the upgrade phone calls come from the Direct sales department, and could have come from literally hundreds of diff agents. I hung up with a little sigh of well, unless this person calls me back, I guess it is what it is....our cruise will still be amazing, just no balcony upgrade for the kiddos which would have been a great suprise.

I sat for about 15 minutes just looking down at my papers, and thought, I'm going to give it one more try and call the toll free number and this time ask for the Direct Sales department. After a 5 minute hold of listening to elevator music, guess who the first agent who came on the phone was? The exact Agent that had called me about 4 hours before with the Upgrade Offer!

Paid the $280......And couldnt thank her enough for picking up that specific call back!

The Up Grade Fairy was sure good to you. what a nice surprise for your children. Have a great cruise.

We were never that lucky but we did get to a higher deck one time. But my son and daughter in law went from an inside to a Balcony once. What a surprise that was to them. So it does happen.:D

The Dream is a beautiful ship.

Archived