Video: how to take the train from Termini to FCO airport

scottbee

This does a good job of showing how easy it is to buy tickets at the machines. It does not help with finding the right track, etc.

The signs for the trains will tell you what track...then look for the number's.

Thanks, scottbee! This shows how easy it is.

Last month we took the trains in Italy for the first time. Before I purchased our tickets at the self-serve kiosk, I watched a few people do it first.

Once we had our tickets and knew which train and track, we got the ticket validated and got on. Thought we were doing really good until we got on the train and realized we were in the wrong car and seats. ;)

After the first time, it was much easier!

A few key words to know before you go:

arrival - arrivo

departure - partenza

train - treno

ticket - biglietto

track - binario

train car - carrozza

seat - posti

aisle - corridoio

window seat - finestrino

Traveling by train was quite efficient. We can't wait to go again!

Thanks, scottbee! This shows how easy it is.

Last month we took the trains in Italy for the first time. Before I purchased our tickets at the self-serve kiosk, I watched a few people do it first.

Once we had our tickets and knew which train and track, we got the ticket validated and got on. Thought we were doing really good until we got on the train and realized we were in the wrong car and seats. ;)

After the first time, it was much easier!

A few key words to know before you go:

arrival - arrivo

departure - partenza

train - treno

ticket - biglietto

track - binario

train car - carrozza

seat - posti

aisle - corridoio

window seat - finestrino

Traveling by train was quite efficient. We can't wait to go again!

Thanx to both of you posting info...I am sure it will be of great help to a lot of people(if they read it of course:D).The Itialian words should really help.

Just be careful when you purchase your ticket as the final destination of the train voyage will not be shown on your ticket. The departure (partenze) boards do not list the train number that you have on your ticket and the board only shows the final destination and maybe not where you are getting off.

Also the track number (binari) may not show up until 10 minutes before departure time so go to the large paper based board and find your departure time, check that your stop is listed on the voyage and what the final destination is. The probable track number will be in a blue circle to the right. It can be a long walk to the regionale trains to Civitavecchia or the Leonardo express to FCO.

With the departure time, the final destination, and the type of train (ferro, IC, regionale etc) you can then watch the departure board for your true track number.

Word of advice - Men on the train offering to help you up with your luggage are not doing this as a courtesy. They expect a tip and are known to work in teams.

When we were in Rome in Feb we walked all the way down the street to the second entrance were the Leonardo Express always departs from. At the top of the stairs was a man and a small table selling the tickets, no need to queue, or alternatively the sweets/fags/lottery type small kiosk at the bottom of the stairs also sold the tickets.

Both sellers spoke enough english to understand the whole transaction.

Beware Termini station, i'm sure most already know that.

We picked up two dodgy looking types whilst we carried our bags, one followed us up the hill as we struggled with our luggage, at any point he could have walked past but he didnt. As we neared the top we stopped and i turned and made direct eye contact with him and he just turned and walked back to the entrance no doubt waiting for the next 'victim'. The other we picked up as we walked past the main entrance to Termini, it was full of 'locals' standing outside. Once again i noticed somebody following and when we got to the cross roads i turned and looked, they turned again and walked the other way !!

Archived