Just disembarked Coral in Vancouver.

TiCKed

Hello from Vancouver! Just got off of Coral Princess a couple hours ago, after our "Whittier to Vancouver" cruise. We're "recovering" in our hotel, awaiting our flight tomorrow.

Quick review....more detail possibly to follow:

As expected, the star of this cruise itinerary is Alaska itself.

Glacier days at Hubbard and Glacier Bay were as good as one could possibly hope. We passed as close as 1/2 mile of Hubbard, (the closest the Naturalist has been all year), with significant calving going on. Our day in Glacier Bay was chilly...but again we were able to pass very close to the glaciers, and had sightings of calving, humpback whales, seals, and sea lions.

I can give my "thumbs up" to the White Pass railroad in Skagway, and the float-plane tour in Juneau. Fantastic scenery on both.

Whale sightings occurred almost everyday....if you were willing to spend some time on deck/balcony looking for them. Nothing like the sight of a Humpbacks tail to give you a thrill.

Weather was quite good. Overcast, for the most part, but only rain of significance upon departure from Whittier, and some in Juneau late in the day, and a pretty good downpour in Ketchikan in the afternoon. Still, it's hard to complain about the weather!

To those looking forward to your trip aboard Coral, rest assured that she's in fine shape, with a very attentive crew. Any minor complaints I could possibly generate would be just that: Minor.

I may not be on CC to answer questions for the next few days....but I will once I get back home, so feel free to ask! I'll work on a full review in the mean time, from a first time Princess Cruiser's point of view.

Tom

Maybe I caught you in time.

It certainly sounds as tho you had a great time and I, for one, am looking forward to your review.

What hotel are you staying at tonight? We are probably going to do that on our Whittier-Vancouver leg. :)

Enjoy your evening

Maybe I caught you in time.

It certainly sounds as tho you had a great time and I, for one, am looking forward to your review.

What hotel are you staying at tonight? We are probably going to do that on our Whittier-Vancouver leg. :)

Enjoy your evening

We are at the Sheraton Four Points near the airport. Key phrase is "at the airport". ;)

It's a pretty nice hotel, but not much nearby...and not where you might want to be to see Vancouver. But it does have an airport shuttle.

We are at the Sheraton Four Points near the airport. Key phrase is "at the airport". ;)

It's a pretty nice hotel, but not much nearby...and not where you might want to be to see Vancouver. But it does have an airport shuttle.

If you can get the shuttle to the airport, you can catch the skytrain to downtown in about 15 minutes if you feel like going into town for a nice dinner. Another option (not that you asked ;)) is the Globe@YVR restaurant at the Fairmont Airport Hotel which is in the actual airport. It is a good restaurant.

:)

Archived