Epic out of Barcelona and Rome?

bartamus2002

Not sure if this has been dicussed yet, I am sure you will tell me if it has, but you can now board the Epic in Rome or Barcelona next summer. Our family has already booked the cruise for next summer out of Barcelona and would much rather have the few extra days pre or post cruise in Rome. For us the airfare is cheaper and the cruise is too. Looks like we will be changing our cruise tonight.

Has anyone seen where you can start a cruise in different ports? It is new to me.

Thanks

Bartamus, I don't know much, but I do know that when we departed Epic six days ago, many people had joined the ship in Rome and visiting with the cruise director he mentioned that it was a different type of cruise as there wasn't really a start and end since passengers joined at different ports. I'd see what NCL had to say. If you do end up keeping with extra days in Barcelona, let us know. Many of us fell in love with Barcelona and found great restaurants and hotels there.

Good luck whatever you decide and plan to pack light!!! lol

Liz

I know Barcelona is a wonderful city and we are looking forward to seeing it but for us there are so many things to see in Rome that one day there just isn't enough. I am also finding the cruise and airfare is cheaper for us also, a plus. I just found this intersesting and hadn't seen a cruise like this before, now I just hope we can get the same or similar cabin.

I do like Barcelona very much, but I LOVE Rome. It would be great to board there. Have a fabulous time!

As a matter of fact, i'm going to take another look. We're currently booked on a 12 day Grand Med out of Venice, but leaving Rome on the Epic just might be even nicer! Thanks for the info.

When I was on NCL with a stop in Malta they had people embard and disembrak from there. They do it on Costa to. I have left out of Rome a few times the only thing I didn't like was the drive from Rome to the port of Civi it is at least an hour and a half. I love Barcleona port. Have done this type of med cruise 9 years in a row. Enjoy someone told me NCL thinks more people fromItaly and more people will like the choice of whiich port for your cruise

• 1 month later...

I just booked for the end of May embarking in Rome. I like the idea of a couple extra days there and Venice is just a couple hours away by train.

It forces us to take 2 weeks for the trip because of the Weds. embark/debark, but that means we get 3 weekends altogether, kind of like free extra days of vacation.

My TA told me when I questioned him about it they are doing it now to give people more options about what port to start from. Seems strange and a logistical nightmare to me for the staff!

I'll be starting and ending in Barcelona because my husband really wants to spend some time there and he rather be there over Rome for a few extra days. I've spent 3 days in Rome in the past so I'm all for more time in Barcelona.

When we went on the Med cruise on the Gem in 2009 some people began their cruise in Malta and I assume some ended their cruise there even though it was "advertised" as round trip from Barcelona, so apparently this choice of embarkation ports is not new. I did not think I would like Barcelona, but it was my favorite city...just charming in so many ways.

Archived