Accessable beaches in Bermuda?

ZellaLamb

We are headed out soon for our first trip to Bermuda on RCCI. Does anyone have experience with using scooters there? (not the kind that everyone talks about being a problem on the wrong side of the road, but mobility scooters). We would love to go to the beach and I would love to get a tour of the island.

There are a number of taxi companies and tour companies that can handle wheel chairs and power chairs. Would think they could handle a mobility scooter. Google to find them or write the local tourism office.

Sand and mobility scooters do not go well togeather.

I recommend a tour of at least 5 hours with your mobility scooter. Start at the ship and go all the way to St. George's then take they ferry back to the ship.

There is a beach we went to very near the cruise ship dock. U can ride the scooter to it on the paved sidewalk or path but as others have stated can't use it on the sand. If u can walk at all or use a cane u could make it work once u have ridden scooter there. There are tables & benches available.

You have to have a beach wheelchair to actually access any beach. A scooter or regular wheelchair will get stuck. When you get on the ship, see if any of RCI's beach tours offer beach wheelchairs. I know they do on their private islands.

Archived