Falmouth excursions not sponsored by cruiseline?

creative cricket

We are sailing Jan. 14, 2012 on the Voyager... there are several excursions on the extended list but when we put in our ship/date the list dwindles down and the ones we really like aren't available... is there any independent companies anyone can recommend. We are interested in seeing a little of the island via a tour, a little shopping and going to the Dunns River Falls. Appreciate the help. Thanks!

We did a tour w/ Peat Taylor last year (from Ocho Rios) and thought he was great. We would have gone w/ him again, but we were actually looking for different ideas and Marva Shaw was able to provide. This year we docked in Falmouth.

Can definitely recommend either Peat Taylor or Marva Shaw, but would tip my hat to Marva as I found her to be more responsive to my initial inquiry and while we were on the actual tour w/ her son, she called her son and asked to speak with me. She wanted to make sure that everything was going well. Super service and just very pleasant people.

We toured with Phillip's Country Tours from Falmouth. If you leave him a phone number, he will call you and work with you to plan an itinerary that will comfortably fit within the time you need to return to the cruise ship. This was our third tour with Phillip and we highly recomend him. His web-site is at http://www.phillipcountrytours.com.

• 2 weeks later...
Another vote for Javia and Marva Shaw, who do a great job. You can also just spend a day with them and they will take you wherever you want to go, including a secret spot that is beautiful!

How do you contact Javia or Marva Shaw?? and are they in Falmouth?

• 2 weeks later...

We used Marva Shaw last year and had a nice tour, but be sure you know all of your costs up front. I thought I did, and it turned out the price quoted me did not include the entrance fees at any of the sites we went to. It was only to be driven around for the day. She guaranteed me she told me that was the case in an email, but I didn't have them all printed out & on my person, so I had to wait til I could check my email to figure out she didn't. I'd read many, many good reviews, and she was so adamant that I just chalked it up to an oversight. But, it totally put a damper on our day. Like I said, just make sure you have everything lined out up front!

We've booked a private tour with Marva for next month based on the many positive reviews. She did indicate in her email that entrance fees to Dunn's River Falls were not included in the quoted price. Her website is knowjamaica.com

• 1 month later...

Archived