rolling cooler help please

JustJamieH

can anyone tell me if this cooler will work? I know carnival.com says 12x12x12 and this one is 16" tall ... BUT if we lay it on it's back, it will still fit thru their scanners right?

http://www.amazon.com/16-Rolling-Cooler-Blue-12/dp/B0014CKGPC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1313377955&sr=8-3

alternatively, does anyone have a link handy for a rolling cooler that does fit within the guidlines?

Lots have been told to leave them behind too. Its a risk, park close in case they say no. they used to measure them pretty closely, maybe not as much lately.

they used to be very strict. I wouldnt chance it, better things to do than get back to my car.

can anyone tell me if this cooler will work? I know carnival.com says 12x12x12 and this one is 16" tall ... BUT if we lay it on it's back, it will still fit thru their scanners right?

http://www.amazon.com/16-Rolling-Cooler-Blue-12/dp/B0014CKGPC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1313377955&sr=8-3

alternatively, does anyone have a link handy for a rolling cooler that does fit within the guidlines?

We have a larger one than that, but looks more like a carryon bag, that we just pack with towels or shoes, etc... and check with our luggage. (not willing to chance having to take back to car or leave it behind, by the whims of security that day)

Then we just unpack when it arrives at the cabin and ask the steward to fill while we are at dinner.

We just bring our drinks on a collapsible hand truck that we got at Wal-Mart for under $20.

Done it this way for 9 cruises now, with zero problems.

Bill

I took one very similar to that and had no issues. Some people on this forum argued that the cooler does not comply with CCL rules etc.. blah blah blah - and that I just got lucky carrying it on - I hope those same people don't come on your thread to bash you for asking a question. I would take it and have a great cruise :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1231343&page=3

Here is a link to that thread if you scroll down on that page to post #87 there is a pic of my cooler

I think it just depends on how "by the book" the person at the scanner is. I've seen a few in a pile before, people taking them back to their cars, as well as some going through with no problem - different times, different ports. Just know that you MAY get through, and you MAY not. I have one, but I really like it and wouldn't want to lose it, so I don't try to use it as carry-on. Guess the question is, Do you feel lucky?? :D

Why not just play it safe and use a normal roll on that you would take on a plane and fill it with your 12 packs and water, etc. You can also buy a round collapsible cooler for 12 bucks at Dollar general that holds 24 cans and ice that your room steward can keep stocked for you.

Archived