What do you make sure you buy "NEW" for the upcoming cruise?

dollfan

Formal dresses and skirts (only if I can get a deal).

I have to walk by every shoe store for the 2 months leading up saying to myself; "I have enough shoes...I have enough shoes....". It is REALLY hard this time with the easter sandals just out (sigh!).

It's whatever I happen to need. Maybe it's a swimsuit. Maybe it's a new dress for formal night. I seem to buy new sandals every year. I like to shop on my cruise, and have purchased a hat, sundress, purse, and beach cover up and t-shirt on various cruises.

Whatever it is that I found myself saying "god, I wish I'd bought this for this trip!" example: On my feb cruise I was wishing the whole time that I'd bought a new pair of sunglasses (as my old ones looked dated, and to be honest dont even fit my face anymore! lol) so as soon as I got home I went and bought a pair for this April :)

I try not to, but I usually end up with at least one new formal outfit for every cruise. I keep an album of just formal shots and don't want to be wearing the same dress twice! I've learned not to buy a bunch of new clothes for daytime, I'm more comfortable in clothing and shoes I'm already used to.

Umm let's see... 2 formal gowns, outfits for every day, 4 swimsuits and evening outfits.. shoes... OK I need all of it. I had two babies in two years and I am not as large as I used to be but I am not the size 10 I was two years ago either. With the marathon training who knows what will happen to my bod before fall but I suspect a size ten is right out ; )

I've learned not to buy a bunch of new clothes for daytime, I'm more comfortable in clothing and shoes I'm already used to.

I'll always reach for the items I've already worn many times, over new items for day wear... it's something about already knowing exactly how they fit and look, plus, they're broken in. I had to get some new things for April, and I've been wearing them around the house to get properly comfortable in them, lol... most people say they're excited to wear new clothes on the cruise, glad I'm not the only one who prefers the old!

Okay, Zcat, I'm curious now! What facial cleaner and body wash? Anything particularly interesting? I'm fanatical about being clean and feeling fresh, and since I live in South Florida I take a lot of showers to cool off and freshen up. I'm always looking for new special products.

Thanks,

Lynn

We booked our July cruise in January and have been picking up stuff here and there ever since. I find it hard to find dresses, skirts, and bathing suits that fit me well so I look and look all the time. I just bought a cute little coral/pink a-line dress for dinner at Mervyn's (on sale for $26). Buying a little at a time makes it more affordable too. ;)

I always buy pretty panties for our cruises - my thinking is if I get injured or something, the conversation in the emergency room will go something like this: "Too bad about that lady's injury, but did you see the pretty panties she was wearing?" :)

I also make it a habit to get another pretty negligee or two - and usually give one as a "gift" to my husband. :o Just my little cruise ritual.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I've bought a few things so far -

- 2 swim suits

- 3 tanks

- 1 pair of capris

- a new straw bag

- sunglasses

- travel steam iron (the new rowenta one)

- swim suit cover-up

- books

I can think of a ton more new things I need too - like good walking shoes, I am so picky!

Archived