Spirit Surprise

justrache

I noticed that you had sailed on the adventure of the seas and the Norwegian Spirit. I have only cruised on RCL (Adventure and Serenade) and was wondering if you could give me a comparison of the Adventure and the Spirit.

I noticed that you had sailed on the adventure of the seas and the Norwegian Spirit. I have only cruised on RCL (Adventure and Serenade) and was wondering if you could give me a comparison of the Adventure and the Spirit.

Sure :)

The Norwegian Spirit is MUCH smaller than the Adventure BUT it is intimate in that it is very easy to navigate, you get to know crew members and you see the same passengers over and over throughout the cruise and not just once maybe in passing which I felt happened on the Adventure.

I REALLY enjoyed the Freestyle dining on the Spirit...we had the power to choose when and where we wanted to eat based on what was on the menu in the MDR and what we were planning to do during the evening. Some nights were early, some were later. That being said, I quite enjoyed the Promenade Cafe on the Adventure. I regularly stopped there on the way to my cabin, whether for a sandwich, a slice of pizza or a cookie.

The Adventure has a MUCH bigger and better pool deck! With the main pool and the solarium at your disposal there was never a shortage of deck chairs. On the sea days on the Norwegian, it was crowded on that deck and there was no quiet pool area to read quietly while soaking up the sun.

I found the shows on the Spirit a little cheesy. I liked the AOS better but we still had fun with the shows on both ships. Quest is fun no matter which ship you are on! I enjoyed the skating shows on the Adventure as well but as a Canadian trying to escape winter, I didn't skate myself.

Blue Lagoon is amazing! Great place for Buffalo Wings at midnight when you need to soak up the alcohol in the martinis you have been drinking!

I STRONGLY recommend taking part in the martini tastings on the Sea Days on the Spirit ($15 for 5-6 martinis) Great place to meet people!!! I also recommend if you are a trivia buff to do the progressive trivia...again great fun and great way to meet people since you will not be seated with other/new people in the MDR unless you are going with a group.

Have Fun!! Both ships are great and a lot of fun and I would cruise on either again in a heartbeat!

Any other questions? - I'd be happy to answer!

Jen

One other thing....The Spirit has GREAT Aft terraces which were NEVER busy and made a great place for both breakfast and lunch as they were right off the Raffles Buffet. Fabulous place to sit when docking or leaving ports!

Think we are booked in 9696...

Do you have any photos or information about the balcony? IE - the view or obstruction to the rear of the ship? What about elevator noise?

Thanx!!

we stayed on the inside right across from 9696, in May 2010

no noise from anything, very quiet area, even though just a deck below the kids pool

Archived