Fiorland National Park overland excursion to Queensland

teach4thgr23

Does anyone know about the overland excursion to Queensland ? Also anyone who has done the cruise before, what did you see in the Fiorland National area? On the cruise critic a passenger had posted that they did see the Milford sound but missed going to Doubtful Sound and Dusky Sound. You can't see it all but I was curious and wanted to hear from anyone else. Thanks, I know you can't see it all. It is all God's beautiful creation. Have a blessed week all!

When I posted this message, I see a big red thumbs down and message that says to please not start a new thread but only post a repond. How do you get the permission of the powers that be to start a new thread? I just had a question and was not responding to a post. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not to worry, they don't want people dropping in and spamming with stuff like. "Try Slippery Ricks Super Shore excursion to the town dump. You won't believe your eyes adn nose!"

As to the Sound et al. Sometimes the clouds and or sea conditions can make the trip less to see or not possible to safely enter, but on average people are pretty much gob smacked by the beauty of the place. Not sure Doubtful or Dusky are any better worse it just makes a fuller day.

The overland trip is popular and the only way short of flying back after your cruise to see Queenstown. I am not a huge fan of the town - Think Jackson Hole Wyoming, Reno Nevada, and a few more all rolled into one for the town, but the lake and mountains around are gorgeous. The town is just a bit sprawled from uncontrolled growth at some point.

Thanks everyone for advice and sorry about the spelling. I am not as familiar with Australia and New Zealand as some people are. I am an Okie from Oklahoma, USA. Please forgive me. I went in to change it by I couldn't. Queenstown. QUEENSTOWN QUEENSTOWN

Thanks everyone for advice and sorry about the spelling. I am not as familiar with Australia and New Zealand as some people are. I am an Okie from Oklahoma, USA. Please forgive me. I went in to change it by I couldn't. Queenstown. QUEENSTOWN QUEENSTOWN

don't you be worrying teach, we all knew what you meant:D. it's just our sense of humour. you're going to have to get used to when you come visit us

Tassie more scenic than NZ's South Island? Been to both more than once (one many times) and Tassie doesn't even come close (my opinion also of course) in variety of scenery.

Speaking of Queenstown Tasmania, I visited many years ago on a school excursion and the green had begun to return after the closure of the copper mine (maybe it was a smelter?). The locals were arguing over whether they should poison the new growth (:eek: I kid you not) so that they could retain the lunar landscape that Queenstown had been famous for!

pete

Archived