Warning stupid question inside

kbmeow

You were warned. I notice alot of people when the post there rom numbers they do not put the deck letter. Is there a reason? Do deck letters change to a number or do people just drop the letter?

The 1st letter or 1st number of the room is usually some indication of the deck the room is on.

Not a stupid question at all. It's probably for a safety reason. For example, you go to a meet and greet with a lot of other posters on your cruise.

One of them is obnoxious, and you want to keep away from him or her. If your exact room number is posted, they can find you easily and harass you.

Melanie

You were warned. I notice alot of people when the post there rom numbers they do not put the deck letter. Is there a reason? Do deck letters change to a number or do people just drop the letter?

I've only noticed Fantasy class ships have letters and numbers as their room numbers.

R for Riviera

M for Main

and so on

Most ships these days only have rooms numbers without letters.

For example 2351 shows you are on deck 2 or 7198 shows you are on deck 7

I've only noticed Fantasy class ships have letters and numbers as their room numbers.

R for Riviera

M for Main

and so on

Most ships these days only have rooms numbers without letters.

For example 2351 shows you are on deck 2 or 7198 shows you are on deck 7

Ahhh ok. That's where the confusion came only certain classes have letters. I thought people were subbing numbers for the letter as I have only done fantasy class

Ok so m212 would be 2212? Or r 113 would be 1113. What about the decks that are double digit?

If they used that numbering scheme that other ships use. The 2nd question depends on the ship. Dream uses 5 digit room numbers on deck 10. Glory doesn't. But both use 10 as the first two digits.

Ok so m212 would be 2212? Or r 113 would be 1113. What about the decks that are double digit?

And that is where the confusion comes in....Fantasy/Holiday class ships start with deck 4 as the first passenger deck. On later classes, deck 1 was the first passenger deck. So R113 would be 4113 and M212 would be 5212. This would also be your room phone number on the Fantasy class.

Dave

I would never put any personal information on a public board (room# ect) Read these threads and you realize that although most folks seem decent there are a few people on here that are a bit "different"

Archived