Star -Deck 12 inside room questions

jnv

I have seen several posts on the Star before/after changes on deck 12 - wondering if anyone has input on the size/accomodations of the deck 12 inside rooms, and any comments about the rooms and/or location. Thanks.

:D

I have seen several posts on the Star before/after changes on deck 12 - wondering if anyone has input on the size/accomodations of the deck 12 inside rooms, and any comments about the rooms and/or location. Thanks.

When we stayed on 12 I checked out one of the insides, they are pretty much like all the others, just newer. The refurbished deck 12 is really nice! Great location.:D

Post something about the Star and you can rest assured that valleyvillage and/or myself will rush to answer! :D

I didn't go completely inside one of the new inside cabins on 12, but I was at the doorway of one while it was open on the first day. We were in one of the suites across and down the hall. So, of course being the curious cat that I am I took a peak.

Like valleyvillage said, it looked to be the same size as any other inside cabin, just new.

There used to be a link to pictures of an inside on 12 but I don't think the link is good anymore.

It is a nice location though. Forward, not far from the elevators, one floor up to the deck on 13, straight down to 7 or 6 to the Stardust Theater, same deck as the pool, same deck as the buffet, etc.

We love the Star!

Post something about the Star and you can rest assured that valleyvillage and/or myself will rush to answer! :D

I didn't go completely inside one of the new inside cabins on 12, but I was at the doorway of one while it was open on the first day. We were in one of the suites across and down the hall. So, of course being the curious cat that I am I took a peak.

Like valleyvillage said, it looked to be the same size as any other inside cabin, just new.

There used to be a link to pictures of an inside on 12 but I don't think the link is good anymore.

It is a nice location though. Forward, not far from the elevators, one floor up to the deck on 13, straight down to 7 or 6 to the Stardust Theater, same deck as the pool, same deck as the buffet, etc.

We love the Star!

LOVE to hear your enthusiasm for the Star! Keep it coming. I can't wait for our first trip on her in March, so far we have been on the Jewel and the Sun. We are on the deck 12 in the new rooms that you love, so far we are traveling with a group of 15 ranging in age from 16-70. Always something for everyone and I think we will be in a great location on the ship.

LOVE to hear your enthusiasm for the Star! Keep it coming. I can't wait for our first trip on her in March, so far we have been on the Jewel and the Sun. We are on the deck 12 in the new rooms that you love, so far we are traveling with a group of 15 ranging in age from 16-70. Always something for everyone and I think we will be in a great location on the ship.

My enthusiasm for the Star is only growing, since we will be on her again in 18 days. And you know, I will be back here to talk about it when we return.

Is your whole group on the 12th floor? Family suites, inside rooms, owner's suites?

How fun!:D

We have now booked 3 Family suites in a row on the NCL Star for February. I am looking forward to this. We just got off the Gem and were in a SC. I love those cabins so I am hoping that the SJ's are also nice. We are giving up the extra bedroom and extra bath and balcony for a great price. I hope the suite perks are still included with the SJ's.

I do have another question about the Star. What is the Spa like? We have now bought the weekly spa pass on the Pearl and the Gem and loved it. Can someone tell me about the Spa co-ed area and the men's and women's area compared to the Jewel class ships?

We have now booked 3 Family suites in a row on the NCL Star for February. I am looking forward to this. We just got off the Gem and were in a SC. I love those cabins so I am hoping that the SJ's are also nice. We are giving up the extra bedroom and extra bath and balcony for a great price. I hope the suite perks are still included with the SJ's.

I do have another question about the Star. What is the Spa like? We have now bought the weekly spa pass on the Pearl and the Gem and loved it. Can someone tell me about the Spa co-ed area and the men's and women's area compared to the Jewel class ships?

Yes, the suite perks are included with the SJ's. We love Cagney's, don't we?!

When we booked our first SJ on the Star last year I was very apprehensive about giving up the balcony. But we had been on the Star twice before it was refurbished and we knew what those floor to ceiling windows were like in the Spinnaker Lounge and game room, the area where the new suites are. So, I was willing to give it a try.

We realized right away that we did not miss the balcony, and we felt that way the entire time. A balcony would have actually taken away from our view. You will have 2 easy chairs (small-ish ones, but comfy) and a sofa, as well as the small dining table and chairs all along the windows. You can see far out or you can look straight down to the water. If there was a balcony there, it would obstruct some of your view with the railings and all.

If you want fresh air, you are just steps away from the stairs or the elevators to go up one floor to the open air deck on 13. We felt like we had the best of both worlds and it was wonderful!

The spa on the Star is very nice and in a great location. A full wall of windows AFT on the 12th deck. I can't answer your specific question about the co-ed area, but I have to say that even though the spa on the Star is beautiful and in a great location, the Pearl beats the Star when it comes to the spa. But...they are both wonderful.

Yes, the suite perks are included with the SJ's. We love Cagney's, don't we?!

When we booked our first SJ on the Star last year I was very apprehensive about giving up the balcony. But we had been on the Star twice before it was refurbished and we knew what those floor to ceiling windows were like in the Spinnaker Lounge and game room, the area where the new suites are. So, I was willing to give it a try.

We realized right away that we did not miss the balcony, and we felt that way the entire time. A balcony would have actually taken away from our view. You will have 2 easy chairs (small-ish ones, but comfy) and a sofa, as well as the small dining table and chairs all along the windows. You can see far out or you can look straight down to the water. If there was a balcony there, it would obstruct some of your view with the railings and all.

If you want fresh air, you are just steps away from the stairs or the elevators to go up one floor to the open air deck on 13. We felt like we had the best of both worlds and it was wonderful!

The spa on the Star is very nice and in a great location. A full wall of windows AFT on the 12th deck. I can't answer your specific question about the co-ed area, but I have to say that even though the spa on the Star is beautiful and in a great location, the Pearl beats the Star when it comes to the spa. But...they are both wonderful.

Thanks for the info. I am excited to try out these new suites. I am researching the flights to Tampa now and trying to se what will work best.

If you want fresh air, you are just steps away from the stairs or the elevators to go up one floor to the open air deck on 13.

This made me look at the deck plan again. I thought we'd be able to walk from our family suite to the Oasis pool until I saw your comment. How do you get to the Oasis pool from the family suites?

This made me look at the deck plan again. I thought we'd be able to walk from our family suite to the Oasis pool I saw your comment. How do you get to the Oasis pool from the family suites?

You are right - the pool deck is on 12. But the walking/jogging track open air deck that goes around the perimeter of the ship is on 13. From the pool deck you can see out (thru windows) and the area where the pool is looks up to the sky, but the deck on 13 is where you can lean against the railing and be right at the edge with no windows.

From the Family Suites you just walk down the hall (walking towards the back of the ship) and you go thru a glass door and then you are on the pool deck. Very handy!

Walk all along the pool deck, go thru another door and you are at the buffet. Also very handy!

Makes much more sense now. Sounds perfect! We like the idea of the Family Suites because a balcony makes me nervous with an active 4yo. This design sounds great for the pool area since it's enclosed to a certain extent. So we'll have easy access to open air by just walking up the stairs. I love that!

Thanks again, Hikini. I look at anything with your name on it so I can get good details on the Star. I wish we were in Seattle so we could be taking it to Alaska. That's our favorite part of the country.

Makes much more sense now. Sounds perfect! We like the idea of the Family Suites because a balcony makes me nervous with an active 4yo. This design sounds great for the pool area since it's enclosed to a certain extent. So we'll have easy access to open air by just walking up the stairs. I love that!

Thanks again, Hikini. I look at anything with your name on it so I can get good details on the Star. I wish we were in Seattle so we could be taking it to Alaska. That's our favorite part of the country.

How many are in your suite? You are going to love it!

Yes, the pool area is 'enclosed'. Actually, I should say it's more like the hallways on 12 forward are enclosed. In order for your child to get out onto the pool deck they'd have to go thru a sliding glass door. It does activate when there is weight on the area in front of the door (like the automatic doors at the grocery store).

The pool area has tables and chairs all along both edges so people can sit at the windows if they like. There are also smaller tables closer to the pool for 2, maybe 3 people. And then the pool is right in the center.

The area where the tables are up against the windows is under cover, so if it happened to be raining (it does that in AK sometimes) you could still sit there and be dry, although maybe not entirely warm. (The ceiling over those tables is the walking/jogging track up on 13.) The walking/jogging track has the railing so you can see the view off the ship but it also looks down over the pool deck on the other side. (And sometimes on the pool deck is a 'view' you'd rather not see! LOL! :eek:

Yes, people have learned that when they ask me about cruising, they are going to likely have a long conversation! LOL!

How many are in your suite? You are going to love it!

We'll have 2 adults and 2 children. We opted for 12030 without the murphy bed so we could the additional view. The kids are still young enough that we can throw a sleeping bag on the floor if they won't sleep together on the sofa bed. They'll be camping AND on a ship. We're the coolest parents ever! ;)

My enthusiasm for the Star is only growing, since we will be on her again in 18 days. And you know, I will be back here to talk about it when we return.

Is your whole group on the 12th floor? Family suites, inside rooms, owner's suites?

How fun!:D

All of us are the Deck 12. We have a combination of inside and family suites. We just booked an additional room yesterday. If we get 1 more room we qualify for the group perks. Although I can't recall what they all are, I asked about them when we originally booked and didn't write them down because at the time we needed 3 more rooms. You don't happen to know what the group perks entail?

Archived