Curacao Grand Farewell Parade 2012

MusicalBear

I noticed that the Crown Princess will be docked in Curacao on 2/21/12 from 1 - 10 p.m. which happens to be the day of the Grand Farewell Parade. I read that the parade is from 5 p.m. - midnight. Will shops be open that day and will we be able to see the parade close to where the ship is docked? Will the parade make it to the dock area before 10 p.m.? Any information about the parade and what happens that day would be greatly appreciated. When I booked this cruise I had no idea all of this would be going on.

• 2 months later...

The parade is scheduled to start at 17.00 p.m. but almost never does. The end of the parade will be near the pier but the groups will not get their until after 10 p.m.

Your best bet to see the parade is to arrange a taxi to take you around 6 to the starting area so you can enjoy a couple of groups (beautiful costumes, great music and everyone is extremely happy).

Shops will be open in the downtown area until 6 p.m. The government is debating whether to declare that particular Tuesday a national holiday, since many store/office employees participate in the parade and need to get home, change and head back to the start before 5.

Usually there is a tourist stand where you can purchase a seat with complimentary drinks. I will try to find out for you if they'll have it next year and its location (very important, since you need to be able to get back to the ship on time).

When it's closer to date (say around January 2012) send me an e-mail on isadiet@hotmail.com and I'll check it out for you.

The parade is scheduled to start at 17.00 p.m. but almost never does. The end of the parade will be near the pier but the groups will not get their until after 10 p.m.

Your best bet to see the parade is to arrange a taxi to take you around 6 to the starting area so you can enjoy a couple of groups (beautiful costumes, great music and everyone is extremely happy).

Shops will be open in the downtown area until 6 p.m. The government is debating whether to declare that particular Tuesday a national holiday, since many store/office employees participate in the parade and need to get home, change and head back to the start before 5.

Usually there is a tourist stand where you can purchase a seat with complimentary drinks. I will try to find out for you if they'll have it next year and its location (very important, since you need to be able to get back to the ship on time).

When it's closer to date (say around January 2012) send me an e-mail on isadiet@hotmail.com and I'll check it out for you.

Thank you for the response!

Archived