Turks & Caicos??

la_croisiere_s'amuse

Greetings fellow cruisers. :D

I know that cruiselines don't visit the Turk Islands yet (although rumor has it that Carnival and its sister lines will be there soon), but has anybody spent time there on a land-based vacation? I'll be accompanying DH on a business trip soon, but since I'll be on my own all day I was wondering if anybody has any tips for me. Anyone? :)

We did a Club Med there a few years back and loved it....BUT we never left the club. The island themselves are salt flats...not gorgeous Caribbean islands.....but there is wonderful snorkeling and diving...which is why most people go there....no shopping that I recall.

T&C are my favorite land based Caribbean vacation spot. Besides Club Med (which I personally would not recommend - just my opinion) there are several other resorts and hotels on Provo (Providenciales). Just about any place along Grace Bay would be great. The beach is long and lovely (not much shade though) and the ocean is clear and an absolutely gorgeous shade of blue. Snorkeling right off the beach at the Coral Gardens resort is excellent - I have seen rays and turtles and tons of gorgeous fish there. The island itself is flat and scrubby for the most part - although the area around Malcolm Roads has some pretty coves and a natural bridge. Provo is a good vacation spot for people who love water sports but not good for anyone who wants great scenery (all the beauty is under the water) or nightlife. All these comments are about Provo. If you are going to Grand Turk - it is even quieter than Provo, has some lovely beaches and a small museum.

Thanks for your input! I actually wasn't sure when I originally posted the question, but yes, we will be on Grand Turk rather than Provo. Sorry to hear about the lack of above-water scenery, but I'll make sure to take advantage of the snorkeling! All in all, it sounds like a great opportunity to bring along some good books and just decompress. :)

• 11 months later...

Archived